Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Everyone,

So I just opened my box of nickels from the bank and it looks as though 80-90% of the box is uncirculated. I'm hoping to get some opinions on what I should do with the uncirculated rolls. Since I can't guarentee that the rolls are 100% uncirculated due to the fact that I can only see the enders would it be safe to sell them on eBay (if that's even a reasonable option). Should I just open the circulated ones and return the uncirculated ones or should I just open them all in hopes that I just got uncirculated enders? Thanks for your help. HH

-Infector101

Picture 004.jpg

Upvote 0
i would dump them since you cannot guarantee 100% that all coins are 2012 rolls(if you see older enders mixed in with the box, chances are, the "2012" rolls might not be solid.)

I've gotten a few boxes recently that looked like ALL new dimes, and of course, there were older ones salted around in there. The initial push was months ago, I don't trust these new boxes. I sold my brand new rolls at the LCS, but I wouldn't try and pass the newer rolls off as BU because of the exceptions I've found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back