What's new

Undated boxes

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Yea I had high hope when I picked up 4 undated boxes yesterday. First box I opened had the tail of a very shiny silver showing- Oboy this is gonna be good. First box gave up the shiny one, pic attached.
DSCN1371.jpg

Then I waded through 2 skunks, and the end of the last box finally gave up another 40%. Dismall day but I got a pretty half. 4 more today if I have time to dump and pick them all up. HH Mark
 
Upvote 0
Mine this week were undated as well, the boxes I poached were also undated. My orderd boxes were also undated and gave up some 40s and one lonly 64

Oh, I found out the other CRH in the area has been dumping about 6k a week. So between the at least 3 of us in the area things may be slim. The good news for someone is that skunk boxes discourage and maybe someone will stop! :)
 
Been having a much worse week too. 4 undated boxes and one Nov. 6th 2007 box and only a handful of 40's and a few 64's but more than I had last week!! ;D Going to the bank I got those killer April 06 boxes tomorrow morning. Hope the snow don't mess up my trip!! Hope next week is better for all of us!!

Who is drilling holes in the top and bottom of the heads side of the coins. Getting 1 or two every few boxes ??? ???
 
I have seen the top and bottom drilled holes. I got several rolls of them on a road trip that were hand rolled, I dont know what was up with them. and I put them back, those must be some of the ones I dumped. Congrats if they are pulling silver, I had a feeling about that bag I could not touch! LOL

But the strange thing about that is. I dumped them all at once in one bag.

I really wonder if the all the coins get mixed into one big tub before being rolled...or all the rolled coins sit in one big tub before they are packed up into boxes. that would explain why we get boxes that are obvious dumps but have some silver. It would explain why all the bright and shinny bens that ME CO and I found in different areas and multiple boxes, and why these NOV 6 boxes have been so poor in producing.

Anyway, I think the holes that are sometimes randomly in coins are from fraud attempts. The old string on a coin trick to a vending machine. But the two holes...maybe someone made a belt out of them? Adornments for a mariachi outfit? Wind Chime...something horribly tacky?

Anyone else have Ideas?
 
I've mowed through 76 boxes and haven't seen a date on one yet. Must be a mid west, southern, east coast thing.
 
I hate it when I hit something good immediately and then find out it is the only good thing in the whole box. That is a cool half though, Thanks for sharing and keep the faith...Ryan
 
cocrh said:
Who is drilling holes in the top and bottom of the heads side of the coins. Getting 1 or two every few boxes ??? ???

I have found a couple of those lately also. One was a really nice half, so I turned it into a keychain. LOL

I remember back in shop class some of the guys would think it was cool to use the drill press to drill holes in coins. Oh, the good ol' days!

Hoose
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom