What's new

Underground Railroad

tat2guy

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2011
Messages
393
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the likelihood of finding anything in the areas known to have had slaves hiding around???
 
I always wonderd that also.

Probably not alot there.

Only Guessing, when slaves ran
it was with the shirt on their back,
and maybe a Piece of jewelry or
Picture, if thay had such.
other then that, perhaps a Few Stolen items,
like coins or jewelry.
I would think if they ran with things, they
were extra carefull not to leave them behind
accidently at a safe house.

I always wonderd on slave tags, if any would
have waited till safety before removing them.
But if they did, it would have most likley
been at the first stop.
 
I have done some work on this and I agree with Jeff that they had little or nothing but the shirt on their back. The only items I have ever seen reported found were, a brush, a comb and some carved bones so apparently there might be a knife. Slim pickings at best. Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom