What's new

Underwater detecting!!!!!!!!! Update

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently purchased a dive system and u/w detector.Going to a lake that went back to the early 1800's(swam there as a kid) A native indian tribe lived there also.Explains arrow heads I found snorkel diving the sandy bottom in the middle 70's Love the computer for research!This swimming hole has a submerged boulder (2 feet under the surface) we used to dive off,water depth about 6 ft.What lies on the bottom,I will find out.I did do some detecting back then,lots of merc dimes near shore.Will keep you all posted on future finds.Remember the three P's.PERSISTANCE,PATIENTS,PAYOFF.Until then,GOD BLESS,GOOD HUNTING,Chris

Did a little more research on this lake,Nipmuck Indians lived there,early 1600's.there was a lake resort early 1800's,a rollerskating rink late 1800's,public beach also.I failed to mention that I also found an old bottle diving,it was embossed with a face and lettering,don't ask what it was that was 38 yrs. ago.I am rather looking forward to this venture, old bottles,jewerly,coins,and who knows what else.I see it as a Blessing,untold riches.GOD BLESS,Three P's Chris
 
Upvote 0
Re: Underwater detecting

You have your self a honey hole. GL and HH. When you gonna start? -Joe

worldtalker said:
I recently purchased a dive system and u/w detector.Going to a lake that went back to the early 1800's(swam there as a kid) A native indian tribe lived there also.Explains arrow heads I found snorkel diving the sandy bottom in the middle 70's Love the computer for research!This swimming hole has a submerged boulder (2 feet under the surface) we used to dive off,water depth about 6 ft.What lies on the bottom,I will find out.I did do some detecting back then,lots of merc dimes near shore.Will keep you all posted on future finds.Remember the three P's.PERSISTANCE,PATIENTS,PAYOFF.Until then,GOD BLESS,GOOD HUNTING,Chris
 
Re: Underwater detecting

Joe,Heading out Saturday Morning .
 
reads great,but at six feet a dive thing sounds like ,well to much diving ??? if its a river ,dredge it up ???
 
Hope you hit a gold mine.
 
Did you go with scuba or Hookah??

Good Luck Jim
 
hookah
 
Sounds like a good time.
 
Sounds like a grand time.Good luck ,you should do well!
 
time is of the essence....best of luck and safety to you...... now,,,, get to it!!!!!!! could be a great place for jewelry.....ya never really know till your on it......hope to see updates....
 
Best of times, good research, and a new place to hunt! Keep us posted and HH!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom