What's new

Underwater housing?

taternut

Full Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm new to metal detecting and I have the gold bug pro and I'm curious if there is a housing made for the winter time when it's raining and storming out to continue detecting. Any information would be great!
 
You can go full Hawg and use a plastic box, But a baggie will keep it dry. If you use a baggie leave it open at the bottom so condensation doesn't build up and make it unstable.
 
Last edited:
Buy an underwater unit, or just wrap yours in plastic. I would use the thick hefty bags. You could also buy an old wetsuit from the thrift store and cut it up to fit your MD. Seal the edges with super glue. You could make a nice raincoat for your MD.
 

Attachments

  • 1351183525_slowmotion_underwater_gunshot__glock_22.gif
    1351183525_slowmotion_underwater_gunshot__glock_22.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 130
Fisher make a rain cover for the gold bug. I pay $25 New Zealand for mine
 
As sandman said, I've been using ziplock bags for years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom