djqix

Feb 9, 2019
Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Checked a local area today, quite a bit of trash. Former rail line, with the usual junk as expected. Once I walked that area, I decided to hike up the deer path to the top of the hill the line ran between.
Hill 1.jpg

Nice view from the top. That's the Delaware River and PA across it. Not a lot of area to search up there, but there are some old party spots there.
My very last hit was a total surprise to me.
Gun 1.JPG
Gun 2.jpg

Hit was around 4 inches down, and came up handle first. Had no idea what I grabbed until flipping it over. Ended up calling the local pd since NJ is so anti-gun. They have it now. Neither the officer or I could find a serial number on it, at least the parts that weren't all rusted up. So, it's a first for me. Pretty sure it was a .22, but have no clue what brand or year.

Upvote 16

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its very old, you should make them give it back. Hades will freeze before anyone can use THAT thing for anything but a paperweight.

OP
OP
djqix

djqix

Feb 9, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's possible it'll come back once his boss looks it over. I definitely agree with you it'll never work as intended again.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow awesome find, next time you want to give away your finds let me know ill send you my adress!!

OP
OP
djqix

djqix

Feb 9, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was just hesitant to lug it home with my state being sooooo anti-gun. They've nailed people transporting black powder firearms though the state before. True, it depends on the office involved, but I'd rather not deal with a legal mess for a paperweight dug up. If I can get it returned after the higher-up looks it over, I probably will do that.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find:icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics I think you did the right thing now when you get it back it will be clean

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great relic find! :occasion14: The others are correct...get it back! :icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks over 100 years old. I doubt they'll get any ballistics off it! Pieces of rust do not count as guns.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, NY! You made a great find, and a good decision. Hope you get it back!:hello2::headbang::occasion14:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, I think you did the right thing, I would have and you still can request to have it returned when they are done with it.

Welcome to tnet also

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Gold Cost Long Island n.y. Fema region II
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the sheep will say you were right to turn it in. You were crazy boy. You just lost yourself a great antique firearm find. Why would call the PD are they hiding in every bush in your state. At least thats what they want the sheep to believe.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice find. I agree with the rest, and I hope you get it back. That will make a great conversation piece and focal point for any display case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions