unexpected find.

OP
OP
N

neu

found all this yesterday while detecting at a burned down 19th century house site, got a faint signal and started digging, found the top of a mason jar, kept digging found the glass of it, started to get excited, but look what all i turned up after about 2 hours of excavating the hole.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Blue & White ceramic is a good sign-- look to see if its Wedgewood. Keep looking for whole bottles or plates-- those can be worth $$$$. Interesting find!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Dear Neu,
I'm new here and felt compelled to reply to your post. I think your find is fantastic!! Personally...I would make a really cool mosaic tile table top or entrance way to a garden or something like that. I agree that you have hit pay dirt in finding the old porcelain! My heart would have been pounding out of my chest!

Keep digging and keep us posted on your finds! I'm excited for you!
Good luck............Moon

OP
OP
N

neu

thanks moon. if i can find anymore and as of now i dont have any use for it, so i would be glad to give it all to u if u could find some use for it.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks Neu.......I might just take you up on that. Don't know that I really have the time right now for Mosaic Artwork.......I'm always out Detecting! :)

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread