Unfortunate find....Slave transaction receipt

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening all,

I was searching the net for more of what I love, Montreal Royals and stumbled on a superb ticket from the old Delorimier stadium & the Montreal Royals.

Finally got to meet the owner for the transaction but also came home with historic paper....

1st the ticket...in superb condition
IMG_4683.JPG
Than this from Port-au-Prince...1796
IMG_4686.JPG
Lmk what you think

Upvote 0
Doesn't look very old !!! hard to tell

What makes it a slave transaction? No wording of slave on it.

I meant the paper doesn't look like it is that old, Just an observation!!!! Cool pieces though are history isn't always pretty but every piece of it is worth saving.

This is a due bill not a slave receipt. You can probably research Mr Edward Robinson to see if they were slave merchants but this makes no reference to Slaving what so ever.

Already verified...all names where in the slave trade deals, No mention on the document but I will push the search deeper...

All the info is on that site- it's pretty thoroughly researched. Not a slave receipt but includes a signature of someone involved in an insurrection.

Glad it is not a slave receipt mate.Even touching one would make me feel stained forever. People eh.I have met people.What a bunch of *******s.

Looks fine, its hard to make the black ink go brown over time which is what jumped out at me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back