What's new

Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

Nate in Ga

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
0
Location
usa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

found this near some indian head pennies

hard to see the back in the pics I was able to get up but all it sais is superior quality nothing else.

I am embarrassed on it being a day off and my fingers being so dirt free in the pics.
 

Attachments

  • button front.webp
    button front.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 758
  • button back.webp
    button back.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 753
Upvote 0
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt

Hmm pic aint workin for some reason. Would like to see it. Good luck on your next dig. :headbang:
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt

Mystro7 said:
Hmm pic aint workin for some reason. Would like to see it. Good luck on your next dig. :headbang:

I cant for the life of me get this pic uploaded i am still trying.
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

I see the pics. A big letter C on the front. Can't help with ID though.
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

Cool, thanks for the pic. Its a nice lookin button, Ive still to find one. Well I guess I have if Levi's count ha ha. Good luck on your next dig. :headbang:
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

NHBandit said:
I see the pics. A big letter C on the front. Can't help with ID though.

I have not cleaned it yet but the gold gilt is completely in tact great condition I just cant find an example of one anywhere online.
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

Mystro7 said:
Cool, thanks for the pic. Its a nice lookin button, Ive still to find one. Well I guess I have if Levi's count ha ha. Good luck on your next dig. :headbang:

you will get one keep digging
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

maybe this will help with front view.

Bill
 

Attachments

  • button front.webp
    button front.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 359
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

"quality marks" wording like -- treble gilt , double gilt, superior quality or such -- that "puff" about the great quality of the button -- quality marks were most common in the early 1800 to civil war era --but some buton companys still used them even later on .
 
Re: Unidentified "superior quality" backmark button with gilt pic UPDATED

nova treasure said:
maybe this will help with front view.

Bill

Thanks Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom