What's new

unknown artillery button

tinpan

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4,681
Reaction score
1,593
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , any idea on how old and where this artillery is from.

tinpan
 

Attachments

  • S7300709.webp
    S7300709.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 275
  • S7300710.webp
    S7300710.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 263
Looks old. Cool find 8)
What does the backmark read?
Mike
 
Upvote 0
T.W. & W (Trelon, Weldon & Weil) PARIS (French manufacturer)

Probably mid 1800s through early 1900s.

It's a French Artillery button.
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
Looks old. Cool find 8)
What does the backmark read?
Mike

top is W&W bottom ??? IRS Rest not readable tinpan
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
T.W. & W (Trelon, Weldon & Weil) PARIS (French manufacturer)

Probably mid 1800s through early 1900s.

It's a French Artillery button.

I agree with this guy... :D
 
Upvote 0
thanks Jim and the other jim ;D ;D ;D At the Back Creek Grave yard theres about 400 french graves dating from 1855-1891. The french built 4 of the 9 bridges over the local creek in the 1870's and they are single span-bridges.

tinpan
 
Upvote 0
That other Jim is apparently just as knowledgeable as the original one. :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0
cool find tinpan, that sure does look in good nick

sasnz
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
That other Jim is apparently just as knowledgeable as the original one. :icon_pirat:

Or niether one... I just found a similar one labled FOOT ARTILLERY GUARD... ??

I'm still trying to find an exact match to this button. I know it's French Artillery, just can't prove it to you... LOL
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
trikikiwi said:
That other Jim is apparently just as knowledgeable as the original one. :icon_pirat:

Or niether one... I just found a similar one labled FOOT ARTILLERY GUARD... ??

I'm still trying to find an exact match to this button. I know it's French Artillery, just can't prove it to you... LOL

agreed, definately French.
 
Upvote 0
tinpan said:
trikikiwi said:
Looks old. Cool find 8)
What does the backmark read?
Mike

top is W&W bottom ??? IRS Rest not readable tinpan
You mean RIS (PARIS) I can see it.

I agree with Jim. I have a French paris button link but forget where it is. :P If you need the date, I will have to search. Nice find.
 

Attachments

  • button french artillery.webp
    button french artillery.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 182
  • button french artillery.webp
    button french artillery.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom