G Gregg3131 Hero Member Joined May 24, 2015 Messages 706 Reaction score 3,750 Golden Thread 4 Location Va 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Teknetics T2 Limited Edition Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 18, 2020 #1 Any ideas on this relic? Heavy brass. Found at colonial site in Virginia Attachments 8537CCFA-831C-46AE-8EB3-1C54B4492A1D.webp 226.7 KB · Views: 92 DAAADCF2-CCC5-4B79-AAED-153479E6678B.webp 1.2 MB · Views: 88 D39C218F-78D8-45CA-8B17-8403449761CC.webp 1.2 MB · Views: 90
HuntinDog Bronze Member Joined May 26, 2010 Messages 2,357 Reaction score 3,538 Golden Thread 0 Location No. Cal. Detector(s) used XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer May 18, 2020 #2 Size and weight of it I think it might be a foot to a chair or table. Upvote 0
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 19, 2020 #3 HuntinDog said: Size and weight of it I think it might be a foot to a chair or table. Click to expand... Significant wear on one edge to reinforce this idea... Upvote 0
HuntinDog said: Size and weight of it I think it might be a foot to a chair or table. Click to expand... Significant wear on one edge to reinforce this idea...
Bruce R Bronze Member Joined Mar 18, 2016 Messages 2,280 Reaction score 2,110 Golden Thread 0 Location Shamokin, Pa. Detector(s) used Whites coinmaster Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 19, 2020 #4 I was thinking the same thing, a cap from a chair leg. Don’t know what in the he’ll that other thing is though, maybe an armadillo egg. Upvote 0
I was thinking the same thing, a cap from a chair leg. Don’t know what in the he’ll that other thing is though, maybe an armadillo egg.
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 21, 2020 #5 Cap from a Chair or table at first I was thinking it looked like a end to a bike handle bars.But the chair idea seems more logical Upvote 0
Cap from a Chair or table at first I was thinking it looked like a end to a bike handle bars.But the chair idea seems more logical
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 21, 2020 #6 It's about the right size for the top or bottom of a cane or walking stick. I have seen a lot of furniture of the period and none had metal "feet". Their floors would have been destroyed using it that way. Upvote 0
It's about the right size for the top or bottom of a cane or walking stick. I have seen a lot of furniture of the period and none had metal "feet". Their floors would have been destroyed using it that way.