What's new

Unknown coin from my collection box

NatorMVP

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Drum, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
I remembered finding this coin a long time ago and never knew what it was. I was looking through my stuff and came across it again and thought maybe someone here could help. Obviously it's very worn with a palm tree on one side and a shield or bell on the other surrounded by a wreath. It looks the date might be under the bottom of the tree ending in 44 so possible 1944??

Thanks again on any info on IDing this coin.

Pictures were taken with my iPhone since my camera wasn't charged right now.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0506a.webp
    IMG_0506a.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0507.webp
    IMG_0507.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 235
Could be this?
 

Attachments

  • k03ar.webp
    k03ar.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 267
  • k03ao.webp
    k03ao.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0
I think its Dominican Republic.
 

Attachments

  • dominican republic.webp
    dominican republic.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
Thanks that coin matches it exactly. I think mine is from 1944 just based on the top of the numbers visible. I wasn't expecting it to be solved so quickly.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom