What's new

Unknown coin...

aquachigger

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
747
Reaction score
310
Golden Thread
1
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this coin like object a few days ago. I had it posted up in "Today's Finds" and didn't get any guesses as to what it might be. So here it is... anyone here seen anything like it? I have found quite a few colonial era coins in this area. The first picture has a large cent for scale. The unknown "coin" is quite thin. Thanks...

P7300001.webp
P7300002.webp
P8020001.webp
 

Attachments

  • P7300001.webp
    P7300001.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 264
  • P7300002.webp
    P7300002.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 267
Most of my unknown coins have turned out to be large buttons, just that where the shank was attached was very hard to discern if there was a mark or not. Usually when they are that size and thin = button. But, something that has to be held and looked at, hard always to say with certainty from a photo.
(I guess it also depends on what you consider thin compared to the large cent)

Don
 
Upvote 0
It's definitely been struck on both sides. It is thin, but no more than many of the worn coppers I have found. I suppose it could be a button. I have found colonial era coins from several other nations at this site to include; Peru, Brazil , Mexico, France and Spain. Thanks...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom