What's new

Unknown coin

DEHUNTER74

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
43
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dagsboro
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help identifying this coin. It is a 1863? Thought it was an Indian head penny but now have my doubts.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-04-03_16.18.43.webp
    2016-04-03_16.18.43.webp
    38 KB · Views: 152
  • 2016-04-03_16.20.50.webp
    2016-04-03_16.20.50.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 10
Thank you for that. That's exactly what it is.
 
I found the exact same token a couple days ago! Funny how I'd never even heard of it, then a couple pop up at the same time.
 
So much better than an Indian Head
 
I had never heard of them before either. When I found it I thought it was just an Indian head penny. Then when I got home and washed it off and seen the stars around the head I was stumped. Very cool coin indeed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom