What's new

Unknown disk, medallion, tag... Rose in center.

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has what appears to be a rose in the center with leaves below it. And maybe clusters of grapes with leaves around the edge. Its light weight and I am guessing copper or thin brass. On the reverse side there is some rusted metal remnants. So maybe there was something attached to the other side.
I found it in a field near a few civil war bullets and odd & ends. There are also old home sites not that far from the field. I have no clue... Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 273.webp
    what are they relics 273.webp
    63.3 KB · Views: 420
  • what are they relics 274.webp
    what are they relics 274.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 415
  • what are they relics 272.webp
    what are they relics 272.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 406
Needs a little cleaning to see if it is a Tudor rose in the center.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a bed bolt cover to me.
 

Attachments

  • t_16147.webp
    t_16147.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Looks like a bed bolt cover to me.

Looks that way to me too, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I know it really looks like one of those covers but... it really seems thin and there are some imperfections also. Like the top with the hole is off center and is actually a separate piece from the front decorative piece. If you look on the back where there are the rust remnants you can see the rest off this piece. I think if it were one of those covers it would be one piece and either solid brass or a bit thicker metal than this one. I was thinking with the iron on the back maybe it held something else on it at one time. Maybe a photo or something with a thin piece of glass that is missing? I am adding a couple more photos. Let me know what you think.
 

Attachments

  • 5-3,4,5-10 012.webp
    5-3,4,5-10 012.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 5-3,4,5-10 013.webp
    5-3,4,5-10 013.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
During some past research, I ran across some antique items that looked just like bed bolt covers but were something else. Problem is that I cant remember what they were? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Keyhole cover? keyhole cover.webp
 

Attachments

  • keyhole cover.webp
    keyhole cover.webp
    548 bytes · Views: 148
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom