What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Unknown silver object marked .925

PullTabPete

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
836
Reaction score
938
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today as you can see the head of it is about the size of a penny and it looks like the sides once bulged out but are now flattened. The pointed end looks solid and it is also stamped .925

I have no idea what this might have been, I would guess some kind of medical item but that is a guess. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Pete
IMG_9200.webp



IMG_9199.webp
IMG_9201.webp
IMG_9202.webp
IMG_9204.webp
 
I suspect it was a hat pin originally. Tip broke and it got lost.
 
Upvote 0
Didn't look like a spoon to me. More bulb shaped.
 
Upvote 0
TicnDig NAILED IT! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the item protrudes outward on both sides, which would mean it isn't a spoon. It has also been smashed in on both sides, so it's hollow. I think "hat pin" is a pretty good guess. Maybe something similar to this "blister pin".

1760346552561.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input everyone!

It was kind of bulb shaped originally so I dont think it was a spoon. I'd lean towards hat pin or earrings, but don't really know
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the item protrudes outward on both sides, which would mean it isn't a spoon. It has also been smashed in on both sides, so it's hollow. I think "hat pin" is a pretty good guess. Maybe something similar to this "blister pin".

View attachment 2228991
Agreed. People on here aren't looking close enough if they think it was a spoon, it was clearly bowed out on both sides before being crushed.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom