Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Boston
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHINESE VASE? VALUE?

Hey there everyone,
P1010620.JPG P1010614.JPG close up.JPG P1010620.JPG P1010617.JPG P1010616.JPG
Just thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm a new member and this is my very first post! How exciting...
So anyway, I picked this vase up a few years back in some musty, old cellar. Unlike myself, my fiance thinks it's hideous and has no value. I assume she's right in that there's little to no value, but I hate throwing things away based on uneducated assumptions. Having said that, before my fiance tosses it into her yard sale, could someone roughly identify the age, location, markings, and the overall value. It has a fairly generic-looking appearance, although my instincts tell me it's at least 40 years old meaning it could be worth something, even despite the crack. I also took a close-up of it along the top; hopefully that will help someone identify it.
Any information would be greatly appreciated, but at the very least I'm open to anyone's guess for its value...for the yard sale of course. It's also approximately 18" tall.

On another note, I've just recently decided to unveil a very old coin collection my aunt passed down to me when I was a youngster. It's mostly coins and paper money she gathered during her travels around the globe. Would this website, and specifically the "what is it?" forum be a good place to post some of those unknown coins? Or am I in the wrong place for that sort of thing?

Thanks for your help,
Adam

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure, but until you find out, I'd probably have to keep it FAR away from the edge there...

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I'm seeing it correctly...there is a casting line at 9:00 and 3:00.if that is the case then it is not hand made and may be a simple reproduction.a simple guess

cheers

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
il_570xN.406254570_r157.jpg ..
attachment.php
.. il_570xN.406254509_pf83.jpg ..
attachment.php
.....the item I am comparing yours to is certified 1900-1909 chinese vase.the style is very similar.what concerns me about yours is the f15 model number.undoubtedly made for english market.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
alpha81

alpha81

Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Boston
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the timely response Bigfoot. At least now I have something to work with.
However, I'm still a bit hesitant about selling it on the lawn for a mere $5. Do you think it's worth holding on to? If not, do you think I could up the price a bit?
Sorry for these trivial questions, but I really do appreciate your time.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no problem and glad to help!!If it was me I wouldnt sell it for what equates to a cup of starbucks.Its beautiful.If its not an item you see yourself using...heck I think it would make a fine gift.The asian motif is popular and a friend who is into that would find it priceless.
cheers..:occasion14:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
alpha81

alpha81

Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Boston
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I couldn't agree with you more! :occasion14:
Oh, one last thing...are we allowed to post antique furniture on this site? Imma cravin' for some appraisals today.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
of course you are allowed...but consider...is this really the place to get an appraisal on such items.I'm gonna say not.There are places on the net that can serve you far better on that quest than here.We are about telling you what it is based on"on the fly"research.you need item specific experts who have a handle on current market values.

cheers

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread