Don in SJ
Silver Member
- Joined
- May 20, 2005
- Messages
- 4,938
- Reaction score
- 859
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- MINELAB SE Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Unknown Yellow "egg" mass on tree
This is a bit different post for me, but this morning I looked out my dining room window and saw a yellow blob on a dead pine tree located on my adjacent property. I went out and took these photos. After seeing them close up I have to assume it is the egg mass of some type of moth, basing that assumption on similiar but smaller Gypsy Moth egg masses I have seen by the thousands in years past. But this is much larger and such a bright yellow in color. Whatever layed the eggs did so since yesterday, since I cut all the property yesterday and would have surely seen this if it was there yesterday.
Don
This is a bit different post for me, but this morning I looked out my dining room window and saw a yellow blob on a dead pine tree located on my adjacent property. I went out and took these photos. After seeing them close up I have to assume it is the egg mass of some type of moth, basing that assumption on similiar but smaller Gypsy Moth egg masses I have seen by the thousands in years past. But this is much larger and such a bright yellow in color. Whatever layed the eggs did so since yesterday, since I cut all the property yesterday and would have surely seen this if it was there yesterday.
Don
Mabe more that one layed at the same time after looking more in to it I see they do that some.







