What's new

UNLOADED EVERYTHING.............Updates with Pics

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
Just thought you guys would like to know I unloaded everything in my stock pile. I had roughly 11 rolls of 40's, 6 rolls of rosies, and 26 rolls of 90's. I decided to propose to the Merc. Magnet. I was planing all along to unload the silver when it was time to get the ring, but boy did it hurt.

Anyways got 47.50 a roll for the 40's, and 120.50 a roll for the 90's. This was on Thursday when the price had dropped 2 straight days. LOL ofcourse if I held on for one more day I prob would have made an extra 100.00. But whatever. Anyways I ended up getting $4,007.00 for everything I had. Only things I kept where the collectible stuff, my almost full roll of mercs, and 3 of my 4 rolls of Walkers.
When the ring is sized and ready il take a pic so you guys can see it before she does.
TTYL
Keith
UPDATE
So guys here is the ring for Eva and on Sunday I asked her to marry me and she said YES..
 

Attachments

  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 683
  • kiss.webp
    kiss.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 679
Upvote 0
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

That's a nice chunk of change.

I hate shopping for diamonds. It's nerve racking. I spent months looking last time. Hopefully, I have done it for the last time (at least as far as engagement rings go).

You should check out http://www.bluenile.com/. It's nice to be able to select the stone separate from the setting. I got my last one there. Excellent prices too.

Good luck with it.
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

nice stash u had there! hope she says yes, but be sure she knows u cashed in ur VERY IMPORTANT stash to buy her that ring, so that she understands how commited u r. :laughing9: good luck!
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

I'm glad my wife did not want a diamond, when we married she only wanted a Gold band, gold was around $300 ounce back then so we paid little for both.
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Sometimes a guyz gotta do what a guyz gotta do. I had a shotgun wedding myself, so my wife and I settled for generic bands, promised her one day she'd get a nice one. ffd
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Good luck keith. Had I only thought about doing coining prior to my wife's ring purchase! Instead I do coin hunting for house crap...fences, hardwood floors, whatever wife wants...
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

phrostie said:
Good luck keith. Had I only thought about doing coining prior to my wife's ring purchase! Instead I do coin hunting for house crap...fences, hardwood floors, whatever wife wants...

You do know that your wife can read this dont you...... :hello:
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

phrostie said:
Good luck keith. Had I only thought about doing coining prior to my wife's ring purchase! Instead I do coin hunting for house crap...fences, hardwood floors, whatever wife wants...
Seeing am unemployed use ALL mine for ballast, you know to keep my ship from sinking, only sell some when have too to maintain stability, so to speak :laughing7: .
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

nice man. I had to sell my 78 Camaro when it was time to get a ring. Sad day, but also a good choice. Hope all goes well for you!
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Congratulatons Keith ! I got married in a small Kingdom in Europe. Back then they did not give engagement rings. One just exchanged the gold bands during the wedding.I was married in a Church that was built a few years before Columbus discovered America. 36 years and 364 days ago.(just a reminder for myself).
HH
Rich
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Well we do this CRH for many reasons and one of those is investment...I know the best investment I made 18 years ago was asking my wife to marry me. So looks to me like you invested the silver well. HH!!!
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

ugotit22:
The most important investment a man can make! And it sounds like you have done your due diligence!! May you enjoy rich dividends! Congratuations!!

- Grizz
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Good luck buddy, your going to need it! :) Hope you can replenish your stash with your new brides help. Then you can sell it all over again when the kiddos come along.
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Keith, I was wondering about the Merc magnet. It has been a while since you posted anything about her. Good to hear your sticking with her for the long haul. I too am contemplating sell a bit of my stash. It hurts to part with it though.

Golden Silver
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Hey, it's a worthy cause!!!!! :laughing7:
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

Congratulations on a find more valuable than platinum, gold, and silver.

DW
 
Re: UNLOADED EVERYTHING......................

congrats to you and the magnet :occasion18: sorry you had to part with the stash but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. she's definitely a keeper :thumbsup:
 
I posted pics above but for those who didnt see the update Eva said Yes on Sunday and here is her ring
 

Attachments

  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 682
  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 673
Congrats man, that's a nice ring. I got married over the weekend, it was a lot of fun. It all goes by so fast. We were engaged for 2 years, seems like a few months though. Have you two decided on a date yet?
 
congrats man. before you know it you'll have kids too. it all happens so fast. my little one is 14 months...I figure in two years I can get some assistance in searching!

again congrats and best of luck.

~phrostie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom