Untouched New park with hundreds of solid targets!

strongarm18

Apr 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
**Short story and things to take-->Detecting park areas where items are rinsed near water (kayaks, paddle boards etc) turns up many targets).:laughing7:

So, after work I ventured about 500 feet to this park where the entire collection of Kayak & paddle board renters launch their crafts.
Based on the location, which is tucked far into an island and not marked very well I thought I'd give it a shot.
Wow, immediate hits all over. There must be hundreds of targets (at a minimum_ because I couldn't move an inch without a sound...and with the Iron Audio ruling out the beer caps it....sounded pretty good!

So I ventured over to a spot about 10 square feet where the hits were so heavy that I just took a large spade and dug holes (no worries, it was a shell/beachy area.
This spot was wear everyone rinses off their Kayaks and other items.

I took out about 12 shovel fulls and spent the next 1/2 hour using my PP which was lighting up all over.
Nothing exciting (besides the very small 10K ring) but I'll be bringing my buddies and sort through this mess.
There's about another 2,000 square feet of huntable space (and this doesn't include the zero-entry water launch area which I'm sure is loaded too).

Hope to find some more goodies!:hello2:

20170422_202346.jpg

Upvote 11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread