Unusual Anson Cufflinks

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are silvertone with what looks like blue glass. The are hallmarked on the inside of the Arm "Anson Pat Pend". They are 3/4 x 3/4 inch square and they are heavy. Is there any way to figure out age? HH Sold listings and current listings have nothing similar. It is a cloudy glass, probably not a stone of any type.

Attachments

• Anson 1.jpg
    Anson 1.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 501

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they may have a Tiffany & Co. affiliation, sort of. Here is all you want to know-

ANSON: 1938 - Present

Olaf Anderson emigrated to the U.S.A. from Sweden in 1929 and founded, as president and treasurer, in 1938, the Anderson Tool & Die Co. of Providence, RI making tools and dies for the jewelry manufacturing business up until WWII (1941) when the machinery was converted into milling machines making war production work. After the war, in 1945, when the war contracts were completed, the company started manufacturing men’s jewelry that included a new type of a collar holder and a complete line of men’s jewelry, cuff links, identification bracelets, tie clips, stick pins, tie tacs, tie chains, collar holders, key devices and money clips comprised of sterling silver, gold and silver filled metal bases. The company changed its name in 1948 to Anson Inc.

In 1967, along with the men’s jewelry lines, women’s jewelry of stick pins, brooches/pins and silver beads were added to the manufacturing output that used rhodium, bronze and pewter along with the sterling silver, gold and silver filled base metals. The Tiffany Company sold Anson jewelry in their department stores.

In October 1983, Anson Inc. declared bankruptcy, emerged from a Chapter 11 reorganization and then was foreclosed on by Fleet (Fleet National Bank & Fleet Credit Corporation) who sold its assets (the operating assets and the entire inventory of Anson Inc. enabling C & J to continue the identical product lines without interruption) to C & J Jewelry in a private sale that did not include the sale information to Tiffany who was its most important retail distributor of Anson jewelry. Marks: "ANSON, Pat. Pend.", "ANSON". "ANSON, 12 KT GF", "ANSON, Sterling Silver", "Anson" in script, "ANSON, Pewter". "ANSON, Brass", "ANSON, Rhodium", "ANSON, 22K GF".

With over 50 years of experience behind it, the Anson’s jewelry embodies all the quality and craftsmanship that one expects from one of the industry’s leading U.S. manufacturers with its expertise and stringent quality control that meets and exceeds expectations for timeless, classical design quality and functionality with lifetime warranty on their costume jewelry produced insuring complete customer satisfaction. C & J Jeweler is still carrying the Anson’s trademark on the costume jewelry, and, continues today, in 2005, to manufacturer the same jewelry products at the original site. It continues to service Anson’s principle customer, Tiffany, and its other customers. The company has since branched out and added additional costume jewelry principally men’s sportsman pendants, charms, money clips, key rings, tie tacs, cuff links, collar holders, tie clips to the Anson lines. The product lines of baby jewelry and women’s bridal brooches/pins, stick pins, and silver beads are an insignificant portion of the products produced with the Anson name today. Anson jewelry is sold on the internet by Anson Jewelry, and R. Entrerprises, Jewelry for the Sportsman, and Personalized Engraved Anson Jewelry.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found similar, but how to determine value? I might just do an auction starting at 19.95 and see what happens. I tried to find the websites and found nothing. I found similar to what you found, but not enough to judge age or the exact material used in these cufflinks. Thanks again!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found similar, but how to determine value? I might just do an auction starting at 19.95 and see what happens. I tried to find the websites and found nothing. I found similar to what you found, but not enough to judge age or the exact material used in these cufflinks. Thanks again!
The best way I think you'll be able to assess all your questions is compare sales history on ebay of cufflinks of the same design. I'm thinking they look to be from the mid 1950's ? The shiny luster lead me to think they're plated with rhodium maybe?. The value I'm thinking your $19.95 will be the tops for cuffs of these types, but you never know for sure? They could catch the eye of someone willing to give you $30. plus because of the uniqueness in design. Do add some of the info Diggum provided in your sales listing, as a little history on an item is nice for prospective buyers to review.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread