What's new

Unusual Artifact/Stone Tool? Looking for ID

swizzle

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
457
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate ny
Found this by the mohawk river a while back. Just found it going through my rocks again and it got me wondering if Its a naturally occurring rock or a stone tool. One side has quite a nice polish on it. Its not bone. I've had a few people ask if it was a jaw bone. Its definitely stone.
 

Attachments

  • 27788753_2302735109741381_8694960546458269472_o.webp
    27788753_2302735109741381_8694960546458269472_o.webp
    108.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 27747751_2302735216408037_949054973843387902_o.webp
    27747751_2302735216408037_949054973843387902_o.webp
    134.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 27629457_2302735146408044_1875881742799206728_o.webp
    27629457_2302735146408044_1875881742799206728_o.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
Doesn't look worked, appears to have been created by water

Having said that, I'm no stone expert...lol
 
Neat rock. I was an expert in my field for 30 years... then I sold the farm and moved to town.
 
Looks natural water erosion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom