9 KB · Views: 465
  • buckle 2.jpg
    buckle 2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 459

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Relicman, Is Your Plate Solid Brass ? Are The Hooks Soldered On Or Cast Into The Plate ? What Is The History Of The Site Where You Found It. It Looks Like It May Have Been A Special Made Piece, For Use In The Field For Cutting Or Scaling. Trk5capt...

Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum Relicman. Sorry I cannot be of any help IDing that buckle. It's a unique one that I have never seen before. That is for sure. I bet someone will nail it though.

Rev

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
very interesting, i have never seen a buckle with saw teeth on it. i hope someone can nail down just what it is.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

relicmanCt

The pieces on the back go through to the front and then were filed down. There is no gilt apparent. JUST COPPER. Heres another picture.Site dates about mid 1800's to late 1800's from whats been found there.

Attachments

• buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read or heard that they call this a bear foot / paw type of buckle due to the two pieces on the back of the buckle looking like feet pads.... Hope it will help some ???

God bless
Peter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

relicmanCt

:) Thanks for all the input. I'll have to return to the site soon and try to put some more pieces of the puzzle together. Its such a trashy site. Hopefully my new 4x6 coil will help. Who knows, Maybe there's a military button there somewhere. ;D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

relicmanCt

Naw. Just a bare spot with an old scratch running down it. Good observation anyway.

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an outlaw buckle and the notches are for how many men they killed like notches in a gun handle. Just a thought....
Scott

Upvote 0

digdug_rita

Sep 28, 2006
That could be a very uncomfortable belt buckle...especially if you have dunlap disease, you know where your belly dunlap'd over your beltbuckle. Ouch !!! Very interesting.....nice find, Rita

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread