What's new

Unusual button

keithinvestigations

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
174
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Found this button on mid 1800's house site. Please help me ID it. Appears to have tin back, no back mark. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    77 KB · Views: 261
I will agree with others (Victorian time frame). That is really a cool button--and you did a GREAT job cleaning it.


Cheers,



Buckles
 
Upvote 0
I agree, most likely 1880s or later Victorian
 
Upvote 0
All finds at this house site were mid 1800's. There was nothing found to lead me to believe the house was even standing during the late 1800's...but who knows for sure as I have not positively id'd it.
 
Upvote 0
keithinvestigations said:
All finds at this house site were mid 1800's. There was nothing found to lead me to believe the house was even standing during the late 1800's...but who knows for sure as I have not positively id'd it.

OK, good luck
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking 1870's or so on this one. From the pic the back looks like it could be brass. See if a magnet sticks to it.
 
Upvote 0
Is it a woman or an Indian? ..or something else? Looks like a woman.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom