What's new

Unusual Half

davew0710

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
I'm new to coin roll hunting, but got a good box of halves yesterday. The end coin on one roll was so dirty, I didn't want to even open the roll. Fortunately, when I did, I found 10 40% and 1 90% Kennedys. Not a bad day, my best box so far.
One coin I found was a 1973 that looked to be in BU condition. a closer look at the front of the coin showed that the dates 1960 and 1986 had been stamped onto the coin. Has anyone ever seen this before? any ideas on what is going on here and if this coin might have some added value because of the dates.
 
Upvote 0
davew0710 said:
I'm new to coin roll hunting, but got a good box of halves yesterday. The end coin on one roll was so dirty, I didn't want to even open the roll. Fortunately, when I did, I found 10 40% and 1 90% Kennedys. Not a bad day, my best box so far.
One coin I found was a 1973 that looked to be in BU condition. a closer look at the front of the coin showed that the dates 1960 and 1986 had been stamped onto the coin. Has anyone ever seen this berfore? any ideas on what is going on here and if this coin might have some added value because of the dates.

Yes, have 3 of those with those exact dates stamped on them, one of them is gold plated, of course they are all clad years. Don't know why they were done like this, anybody know?
 
I've run into a few like this with some different dates and the only explanation that I've read is that they were handed out at a function like a reunion for school, business or possibly even a family reunion. Hope this helps, maybe someone has heard of another reason and will post it.
 
After market novelty items
 
I just found 4 in one box. I keep em for the moment because they are different. And I like how gold looks next to silver. Don't know if people would buy em on ebay. Anybody had any luck with this?

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom