What's new

Unusual Ring

Bigcypresshunter

Sapphire Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
27,124
Reaction score
3,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can find no markings on this unusual silver ring. It appears to be hollow made from several pieces. The stone is purple. (amethyst? opal?) Part of the back is broken and it appears that someone tried to glue it back on.
Any idea of date, style, stone?
 

Attachments

  • MVC-011S.webp
    MVC-011S.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,198
my wag may have been mentioned, but to me, it look more like those clips
that go on ascots or scarves like cub & boy scouts wear.
 
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
my wag may have been mentioned, but to me, it look more like those clips
that go on ascots or scarves like cub & boy scouts wear.
too small (reply #29)
 
Upvote 0
I have responded to this one before. So again i will.
This item with a low grade amethyst cabochon with twisted wire design, most likely fake hallmark, it most likely Oriental in origin. It could be repaired. It needs to be tested for the silver content, usually 800 silver. Due to the lower silver content these can be a pain to repair.
 
Upvote 0
lostcauses said:
I have responded to this one before. So again i will.
This item with a low grade amethyst cabochon with twisted wire design, most likely fake hallmark, it most likely Oriental in origin. It could be repaired. It needs to be tested for the silver content, usually 800 silver. Due to the lower silver content these can be a pain to repair.
OK I can test with my homeade solution and I will post the results. Is this filligree? My Grandmother used to buy from antique shops in the 50's and 60's but she was no expert on value. Thanks for your response.
 
Upvote 0
Not filigree, I most likely said made in Mexico or there about, until I saw the hallmarks. They resemble stuff I have seen with similar fake mark from china as trade goods around 1900 or later.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom