What's new

Up-date on research of ?silver -plated spoon found the other day

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I e-mailed"Silvermakers" in the UK for any info that they could offer to me

I received an e-mail reply stating that this marking was William Rogers..and that this particular stamping signified electro-plating.

Did not receive a specific date, but I believe this mark was used mid - late 1800's until Rogers became a part of International Silver in 1898 and the "I S " marking was added to the W.R stamping.

Here is the link that was relayed to me..scroll down a bit and you will see the W.R. marking with the two symbols on either side.

Thanks for looking
Lorraine

http://www.silvercollection.it/AMERICANSILVERPLATEMARKSQSDUE.html
 
Upvote 0
nice one Lorrain, I'm amazed at the condition of the spoon (and the ones I have) - testament to quality materials and good plating processes I reckon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom