JP
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 5, 2006
- Messages
- 1,103
- Reaction score
- 13
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
- Detector(s) used
- Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and it's a beauty
My wife, son, and I headed to the beach over the weekend. Night time arrived Sunday and I tried a spot near the hotel. I decided I would try searching a small area of the beach really well rather than just pick an area and pass through it. I mostly try searching the waterline but this time was different, I decided I would try the dry sand also. To make a long story short I found this baby near a trail of pull tabs about 8 inches down. I realized it wasn't another coin by the sound it made swirling around in the scoop. In the moon light I could see it was a large ring, but figured it was a child's fantasy ring. I decided to pull out the flashlight and I started to get weak in my knees with the sight of gold. Afther checking the area to see if there was anything else, I headed back to the hotel (almost running).
I haven't found out yet what the green stone is but as soon as I find out I will post it. There are 13 nice size diamonds around the green stone, the ring itself is heavy, 14k.
I guess I finally paid for my Excalibur.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!
Thanks for looking.
My wife, son, and I headed to the beach over the weekend. Night time arrived Sunday and I tried a spot near the hotel. I decided I would try searching a small area of the beach really well rather than just pick an area and pass through it. I mostly try searching the waterline but this time was different, I decided I would try the dry sand also. To make a long story short I found this baby near a trail of pull tabs about 8 inches down. I realized it wasn't another coin by the sound it made swirling around in the scoop. In the moon light I could see it was a large ring, but figured it was a child's fantasy ring. I decided to pull out the flashlight and I started to get weak in my knees with the sight of gold. Afther checking the area to see if there was anything else, I headed back to the hotel (almost running).
I haven't found out yet what the green stone is but as soon as I find out I will post it. There are 13 nice size diamonds around the green stone, the ring itself is heavy, 14k.
I guess I finally paid for my Excalibur.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!
Thanks for looking.
Attachments
-
IMG_0771 Large e-mail view.webp56.5 KB · Views: 7,702 -
IMG_0772 Large e-mail view.webp70.1 KB · Views: 7,660 -
IMG_0774 Large e-mail view.webp104.2 KB · Views: 7,636 -
IMG_0775 Large e-mail view.webp61 KB · Views: 7,607 -
IMG_0784 Large e-mail view.webp126.4 KB · Views: 7,617 -
IMG_0799 Large e-mail view.webp45.8 KB · Views: 7,485 -
IMG_0801 Large e-mail view.webp44 KB · Views: 7,386 -
IMG_0802 Large e-mail view.webp49.5 KB · Views: 7,378
Upvote
0
you could find a bar of gold. Its happened. Or a big nugget. Or a treasure chest full of the same. Thats what is so great about this hobby. It can happen. You made a great find. It fired you up. BUT it also fired up everyone who you told or who read about it and saw the photo's. Except for those whose natural inclination is to disparage anyone and everything on finds like that. They cant stand people having hope. 







