I was joking about the same-sex marriage and marijuana stuff...
The document in post 11 of this thread appears to be a receipt for a dinner for Gen. Washington Pinkney [sic?], Maj. Rutledge, Capt. Week, and Ensign McCall. They had wine... 8 bottles. I wish that I could put drinks on my expense account... that’s a no-go for me for meals when traveling. That dinner was on April 25, 1799.
Then on May 2, 22 men from Capt. Bird’s Company dined at the same establishment.
Joseph G. Posner was being invoiced. Not sure who he was... will look into these fellas.
Update: Apparently it’s “Gens. Washington Pinckney” so this could very well be an invoice for then Fmr. Pres. George Washington and Gen. Thomas Pinckney... would need to do some more digging to see if it’s George Washington but it seems likely. He offered Charles Cotesworth Pinckney (Thomas’s brother) a position in his administration.
Update 2: After a little digging, I now find it more likely that the “Gen. Washington” would be Brig. Gen. William Washington... I wondered why he would have been referenced as “Gen. Washington” in 1799 which was after his presidency, if it was George Washington. It would seem more appropriate to use the title Fmr. Pres. or Pres. rather than Gen. One would have to read their diaries, biographies, or cross reference with letters or other period documents to verify.
Kindest regards,
Kantuck