What's new

Update: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and 72 Silver?

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Update: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

9 - 40%
1 - '64
1 - 2008 S
1 - '72 Silver no mintmark (Is this 40% of 90% silver? It appears to be 90%)

I weighed three coins:

'64 - 12.5 grams
'67 - 11.6 grams
'72 - 11.1 grams

It's silver plated.
 

Attachments

  • 0916091221.webp
    0916091221.webp
    118.4 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

JasonB said:
1 - '72 Silver no mintmark (Is this 40% of 90% silver? It appears to be 90%)
Cant see the pic. no 40% or 90% regular mint strikes contain any silver.

It might be a coin from a silver mint set. But do not know if any were made in that year.
 
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

I think I'll try and find a scale and weigh it.
 
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

The 72 appears to have been dug.

There were no 72's made in any form of silver.

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

the dark one is actually the '64, the '72 is bottom right. It must be silver plated because it's definitely silver on the outside obverse and reverse.

It's good to know none were made.

Thank you,
JasonB
 
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

65GT350 Not totally accurate. There is a very rare error of some halves 1977 and I do not remember if 1972 or 1971 minted in silver 40%.

Chances of finding them almost none but they do exist

DW
 
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

Darth Walker said:
65GT350 Not totally accurate. There is a very rare error of some halves 1977 and I do not remember if 1972 or 1971 minted in silver 40%.

Chances of finding them almost none but they do exist

DW

I'm going to take some better photos tonight and I'll try to weigh the coin. Results tomorrow.
 
Re: Lunch Finds 9.16 w/ Pics and '72 Silver?

Ooo, this could be good. Lets hope its silver :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom