Update, Update .. Got permission on the House on the hill

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I tried to add pic to the other posting but it to big or just wont let me. This is the addition to Colonial coins in Iowa ??. Here are the pics of that house on the hill and the garden thats south of it. Ill try to get promission to hunt soon before winter hits if not got spring. Look like a good spot to hunt to death.

Attachments

• 000_0010_00hh.jpg
    000_0010_00hh.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 871
  • 000_0011_00gg.jpg
    000_0011_00gg.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 877
  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 870
  • 000_0009_00ssx.jpg
    000_0009_00ssx.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 859
Upvote 0

Roma

Greenie
Sep 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 70
Re: House on the hill

Hope you get permission,it looks a good spot

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck with your permisssion seeking mission.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That spot should keep you busy for a while! 8) Good luck!!!

Nana :)

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well heres the story I stop at the ladys house just down the street from me that owned the land and the house. I tell ya she was a walking history book because I found out that her gg-pa founded the town and worked it. She was born there at that house with 7 other kids and her dad built the house that i asked about. She said no, but I can ask the neighbors and see if they would let me do that yard. I guess the land and the house is owned by 3 other family members to. I did get alot of info and wheres about on the old Saloon and school which is on different propertys. It sounds like a good area to hunt just need some luck for promission.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So.. the yard,or the garden is out,or both? Either way hopefully you get permission for some of the ground. Some of it looks like overgrown weeds right now. Spring hunt may be better for some of it.

I do travel your way. About 35 miles west of Des Moines or so. So that leaves me a hour and half from you. Keep us updated.

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Both garden and house and the servents house to next to it. Then she put the BUT in there because she said that I can talk to the Fichter (relitives) and see. I did take a look some other areas where the old buildings where at and stop and walked in to the woods abit. Found old lumber right where the lay. Cool place just need to get working on it soon. Anybody can call my cell at 1-712-310-5628 if the willing to drive. Im going to MDing this weekend at that place but do need to stop by and ask for promission first. Im just hoping for some company and some professional help on asking more people there they probly wont say no to us all but to one guy asking Ill thing it would be no. Wish me luck. Later Terry

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow what a day with Josh and myself on permission on private property 3 out 3 :thumbsup:. The finale one is the ghost town just north of me and we got promission to hunt the grounds around the house and and a few other propertys next to it :headbang:. Did find out that the old Saloon was also the stage coach drop off :icon_scratch:(Just need to ask the land owner to hunt it now). Not to bad of a day when you dont find $$$ in the yards but got lots of land to hunt to death anytime. Maybe spring time when will get out there or on a nice day during winter. Later and HH

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
Re: Update, Update .. Got promission on the House on the hill

go get them. you will finds good things. :thumbsup:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Forgive me, I can't help myself.

It's "permission", not "promission". I don't mean to be a smart@$$ but I thought you might like to know the correct spelling.

Good luck hunting that site.

Joe

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to Iowa LOL Thanks

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Winter can be such a waste of time that should be spent metal detecting! :BangHead:
Come spring you will be busy and will no doubt find some great stuff.
It's more interesting when you know the history of a place you're hunting. Love that lady! Get her picture for us!
Awesome on the permission permissionS! :icon_salut:

Hope you get some time in before it freezes. We'll be looking for your posts!

Born Free
Arizona for a while

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread