UPDATE: Whites Forum/What the Heck is Going ON????

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
UPDATE: White's Forum/What the Heck is Going ON????

UPDATE! Here's the Story!

Howdy Folks!
I've just gotten word back from Ray (Channelmaniac) and Fox (Deolslyfox)
regarding the White's forum. Here is what I've learned:

From Fox:
All is well. The forum is just moving (to different servers) and will take on a new look at the same time.

You'll have to get a new password when it comes back up, but you'll still be able to keep your handle.

All existing posts will remain intact ....

The new forum should be up around Monday, with any luck.

From Ray:
White's is moving the forum to one of their servers.

Per Whites: No changes to mod staff but there will be some changes to the forum. They are moving posts and other info over. Not sure if they'll get 99.9% of everything but they are working hard to do that.

I do know that one thing that won't migrate over is the user password database as they use different encryption methods. What this means is you'll receive an email when the forums are back up telling you to reset your password.

So, them's the berries folks! Now we know something more about what's happening!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howdy Folks!
Am I alone among folks here that are puzzled about what happened to the White's forum?

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Re: What the Heck is Going ON????

Hey there M-Taliesan. You finding all the clad and gold and silver over there in Colorado still? :headbang:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am sorry to hear of this but the new management will make changes as they see fit. When we joined the Tnet group we agreed to certain rules. Any personal information we gave in our profile is open to the publics view. All posts, photos, are the property of Tnet with no rights to our ownership. This is why I don't post pictures of my finds. Note the Copyright bug at the bottom of the post in the signature line. I don't know if it it will help, but it is there.

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

I was shocked to see our forum gone as well Mel.....I feel like I just lost some friends :-\
I don't know what im gonna do now...... Im hoping the site will come back up,if it doesn't i guess we will have to find a new home.
I really.....REALLY! liked the whites forum.
All you old whites forum members Feel free to PM me and we can set up somewhere.....I hope

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!

mgtmadness said:
Hey there M-Taliesan. You finding all the clad and gold and silver over there in Colorado still? :headbang:

Howdy Amigo!
Well, I seem to be getting my fair share, but not so good as last year.
We've had a wet spring, hence folks ain't getting out as much to lose stuff
for me to find. We had several inches of snow fall on May 12th, which was
an unpleasant thing for the middle of May!!!

I suspect my finds will improve once the weather does! Might be a shorter
hunting season this year.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_scratch: I still see it under brands, or maybe it's just me :dontknow: Your section is still there :icon_thumleft:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

this is the message I see on the White's forum... just like Evan I really Really like their forum as well.

In an effort to better serve our customers, White's is in the process of moving our forums on Treasurenet. You will still be able to access the forums through the Treasurenet links, but you will be re-directed to a White's site. You will notice a new look to the forums on the White's site as well.

You can expect more active forum participation from White's Engineering and Customer Service. White's remains fully supportive of Treasurenet, the premier independent metal detecting internet site.

We hope to have the forums back and up and running very soon, and are making every effort to transition with minimal downtime for our valued White's forum participants.

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used

spartacus53 said:
:icon_scratch: I still see it under brands, or maybe it's just me :dontknow: Your section is still there :icon_thumleft:

Howdy!
Yes, it is listed under brands, but this isn't the White's forum that we are accustomed
to. White's had an entire forum under the T-Net banner. It was a dedicated forum that
has now vanished. This one is here, and that's better than nothing, but it ain't the White's
forum. The one I am talking about was here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/

And if you check that out, you'll see what I'm talking about. It ain't there any longer.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Mel, You aren't alone buddy. :( :(

I had read on this forum Marc had intended to possibly sell t-Net. Since the Whites Forum is a T-net offshoot, it would go with any sale.

I tried to log on the Whites Forum also, and couldn't ------it has an administrator log in page. Maybe some of the mods can post on this thread to let us know something beside the email Marc sent to the Whites Forums members.

T-net is a great forum but the Whites forum members are like family. I hope it comes back.
I hope there aren't too many changes to the Whites Forum--- I liked it just fine.

Robbie

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used

treasurehound said:
this is the message I see on the White's forum... just like Evan I really Really like their forum as well.

<Snip>

Howdy Treasurehound!
Yep, that's what we are seeing and it is a bit vague and does not convey much in the way
of information. The questions I asked in my initial post still apply here, as to what will become
of our investment of time and energy to the White's forum. Is everything going to be lost?

All most of us know is that it was up and running yesterday morning, and by middle
of the day, it was gone! The short note left behind doesn't give us much information
and isn't terribly reassuring.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

dignkansas

May 15, 2010
NE Kansas
Detector(s) used
V3,Prizm V,DX-1,6x10

I'm confused also Mel I hope we can all hook back up at the Whites forum if you or Evan-Tn hear of anything pm me my whites forum name was digit.

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

dignkansas said:
I'm confused also Mel I hope we can all hook back up at the Whites forum if you or Evan-Tn hear of anything pm me my whites forum name was digit.
I'm just hanging here for now

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Re: UPDATE: White's Forum/What the Heck is Going ON????

Howdy Folks!
Just got the word from 2 different sources on what's happening and what we can
expect in coming days. Go back to the top and read my UPDATE to find out what
I was able to learn.

Hopefully, we will be back up Monday or thereabouts, without any loss of anything
other than our passwords. We will get an email inviting us back and requesting us
to create a new password. From there, it should be back to normal. Perhaps a new
look to it, but otherwise as it was before only on a different server.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Thanks for the update.

Robbie

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

Whew!!! that's good news :headbang:
Thanx Mel :icon_thumright:

sandals55

Nov 25, 2008
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL 1, M6, BHID300

Thanks for the update Mel!! I am fixin to leave to go to PA for Ileen's graduation and was all excited and going to post on the Whites (cause y'all are my family ya know) and am lost, feel like I lost my best friend!! I was on yesterday in the middle of posting a new message and then *poof* gone :'( :'( :'(

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Lookin' good !!!

tadpole1

Greenie
Sep 20, 2009

I think they should start from scratch on everything. Everything new. ::)

Old Navy Guy

Apr 30, 2010
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites BeachHunter ID 300

I wonder what going to happen here. I have the same Handle (name) on Treasurenet as I had on Whites. I wonder how that is going to work out? Will I only have one log in now that they have combined?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread