What's new

Updated With Video! A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I had some time today to hunt, and off I went to the park hoping to get one or two good coins. I wanted one to make up for the blunder I committed yesterday in giving my buddy Tom a silver count figure that was off by one too many. I left him a PM last night telling him that I was accounting for the one I'd go out and get today! :)
Anyhow, I initiated the hunt in a picnic area where it is trashy and there is tons of clad. The tactic in mind was some slow detecting and cherry picking the signals, aiming to invest in digging only the deeper ones. Considering the amount of clad in there, it is really the only way to avoid tearing up the park and your body. This didn't stop my hand from developing blisters but everything panned out well.
I knew there was silver in this area because it's the place where I found my first silver coin, a Washington Quarter. A few minutes into the hunt, I managed a nice deep signal that turned out a mercury dime at a not so deep depth. I attribute the deep readings that do not turn out deep to the dry ground conditions today. Moving on, the silver dimes were coming out. I was not straying from the deeper signal rule unless it was a quarter reading. I almost never pass up a quarter. I like clad too. Later down the road, and for the eighth and last coin of the day, a canadian silver dime (1956) appeared. Knowing nothing about them, and because the smartscreen was nowhere near a dime, I had to look it up online to make sure it is silver, which it is (80%).
Bryce, Dan and the other silver hounds.........would you count this to your total silver finds? I'm inclined to.

I managed to capture at least three, (I believe four) of these dimes on video, so I'll be spending the next few hours putting everything together. It'll be up soon. Photos enclosed.

[youtube=425,350]3RZpT2rvLTE[/youtube]​
 

Attachments

  • Aug5_1.webp
    Aug5_1.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 824
  • Aug5_2.webp
    Aug5_2.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 842
  • Aug5_3.webp
    Aug5_3.webp
    20 KB · Views: 825
Upvote 0
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

That's a nice haul.

I did like you did a few times of cherry picking and then over time going back and digging the other signals. I imagine in time you will get those too.

Nice finds, congrats on so many dimes.

HH
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Yeah, that's what I call a days work. WTG.
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Great haul, it looks like you had a fantastic day keep at it
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Awesome hunt Ricardo.....get those videos up so I can see 'em :D
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Ricardo, that's one heck of a silver dime haul, buddy!!

You bet I count those silver Canadian dimes. It's silver!!

How many wheaties did you get?

Can't wait to see your video!!

Congrats!
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Captn_SE said:
Ricardo, that's one heck of a silver dime haul, buddy!!

You bet I count those silver Canadian dimes. It's silver!!

How many wheaties did you get?

Can't wait to see your video!!

Congrats!
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan, I will count it in. I didn't keep track of the wheats, but I'd say at least ten. They are the ones that sound so good! I'm working on the video, and it will be up tomorrow for sure.
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

VERY NICE DIGS MAN!! That's a lot of silver dug there! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Wow, the amount of silver you're pulling out of N.Y.C. parks amazes me.
I woulda thunk guys got it decades ago.
Congrats bigtime!
Great digs!
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

congrats on the silver,nice days haul......I'd say that a great park to hunt.

Randall
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Sweet Silver! WTG.....jgas
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

great haul of silver!! Heck yeah that Canadian dimes count as silver! :thumbsup:
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

WOW - Congrats on all the silver bud!!!!! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see the video.
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

WTG, Ricardo!

Nice job finding those.

_Rich_
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

nice finds

k kev
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

That's one productive site there, even if its just modern silver. Congrats on the haul and get the rest, HH!
 
Re: A Nice NYC Silver Dime Haul

Nice haul Ricardo. Betcha there's more there, so go get 'em :thumbsup: ............Your other Ricardo friend :tongue3: in Pennsylvania
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom