What's new

Upgraded for Little Red

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We upgraded Silverthorne's name after Red Gerard won gold in the men's slopestyle snowboarding event at the Olympics.
 

Attachments

  • 2-13a.webp
    2-13a.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 68
Always good to get gold. There was no such thing as a snowboard when I left that country up there, but I do remember home made heavy duty bicycles these folks in Crested Butte were building. Me an my other fellow miners pard's would head over Cottonwood to camp, fish, look for girls and just simply blow our pay checks over there every now and then on our 4 days off long change. I asked this guy in Crested Butte, what's up with this custom built HD bicycle ya got? He said they call em stumpjumpers and they ride em down the Mountainsides. Who do known it was the dawn of a major industry and activity at that time.??
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom