What's new

Upstate new york detector permit ?

coin finder

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
343
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, all it's coin finder... Question---> I an Looking for infomation on were do you go to get a metal Detector permit ? were upstate do you go ? to get one ? I an in albany county in ( Preston Hollow new york Thanks . I Don't want to Give my $1.000 Detector!
 
I live in Michigan and last summer I asked the ranger when entering, where can I detect and he gave me a park map and all was clear where we could be!
 
CF, you probably need to be specific, and specify ..... do you mean fed? state? county? or city? And, no matter which entity, was there some reason why you thought one was required? In most places, if it's not posted (or specifically dis-allowed, by specific name), then .... it would be like flying frisbees: if not disallowed, no "permit" needed.

Unless you heard something unusual, for just the entity/locale where you are going to go.
 
Here in NY State:

State parks are off limit... BUT if they have a beach area then you have to go to the park office to see if they offer a permit for beach detecting. The last I knew NY costs about $10. If so, you can only detect the beach and water during off season... the day after Labor Day in September thru one day prior to Memorial Day in May. There is NEVER any detecting allowed in any grass covered areas.

The individual counties are all differant. Some you don't need a permit, some you do. You have to call the county offices to inquire. My county requires one for the county parks but there is no fee for it.

My experiences with city and village parks you probably don't need one. I never have. If a cop stops you, then just ask where the town offices are :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom