What's new

Uranium marble?

Crystalpoints

Greenie
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
10
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
RHODE ISLAND
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collect a lot of glass off of a beach I live on..some of it glows under uv light
These pieces of depression glass have small amounts of uranium in them..this is the
First marble I've found with some in it..just wanted to share..anyone have an idea how old?
 

Attachments

  • 20180806_151006.webp
    20180806_151006.webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 20180806_151049.webp
    20180806_151049.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 153
1940s, maybe a wee bit later. I have seen them on the net, very cool find.

Cheese is our resident marble expert, he will be along shortly to correct any misinformation that I have provided!

Good luck to you sir!
 
Nice find.Congrats
 
Looks like a PPP (Peltier Peerless Patch), probably early/mid 30s to mid 40s. Good Job Tom! Lots of marbles are UV reactive. Some will surprise you!
 
Besides the green ones, I have some that radiate orange also. I used to collect vaseline glass as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom