US Army Golden Knights in Oregon

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
The team from the Golden Knights gave us a Framed plaque in honor of our service.My buddy Eric and I where invited to the airshow in Hillsboro,Oregon and recieved VIP treatment from the team.We had breakfast with them,and they drove us to their jump plane and we had time to get on the plane and visit all the members of the team.Its was nice of them to do this in honor of ALL Veterans.May I also say that most of them have at least 6000 jumps,Most are from "Special Forces",and they are elite in their job and are all serving our country.In the photo left-right-Eric Czernowski US Army 4th Inf. Division Vietnam Vet.Dave Roe US Navy TF116 River Rat-Destroyer USS Radford DD446 Vietnam Vet. US Army Golden Knight team leader MstSgt Dallas Berentis. Aslo this is Idig on the Jump Plane waiting for a cold "Pabst Blue Ribbion"

Attachments

• US Army Golden Knights.JPG
    US Army Golden Knights.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 438

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats to you! I have a little story of my own to tell. When I was a young trooper in 1961, I visited the Golden Knights (latter all died in a plane crash) team room. On their bulletin board was a cartoon that cracked me up so much that I remember it to this day. There were two jumpers, one British, one American. They were side by side, only one chute was pointing up. The caption read. " I say old boy, one of is is going the wrong way!" Now to a paratrooper, that was funny!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Excellent pics! And way to go on the recognition... thats awesome...:)

The important thing here is that I learned I am not the only one left who likes PBR... :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your reciving this honor with us and thank you for your service, it looks like a really fun day too!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Great pics. Thank you all for your service and may God bless each one of you for giving service for our country.

Ray

Falcon

Apr 2, 2008
GA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter
From one vet to another...SAAAAAALUTE :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana