What's new

US Buckle and Confederate Artillery Button

SPWalker

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Henderson, Texas
Detector(s) used
CZ-7A FISHER
US Buckle and Confederate Artillery Button

I had the opportunity to get away with a fellow MD’er name David and his friend Eli.
David is in his first year of having dirt fishing as a hobby and Eli was on his first trip out to see what it was all about. We headed into Mexico along the border to a ranch that we knew were we could be safe and to see what we could scratch up. Eli had no machine so I lent him my spare CZ-3D and I had my trusted CZ-7A. David had a Mine Lab but I do not know the model. We all had a good hunt. Eli came off with two nice coins from the 1800’s (photos attached). We felt Eli did very well for his first hunt.
I came out with two nice coins and a U.S. buckle in excellent shape. It had been a great day for me but the best surprise was when I got home and cleaned up one of the two buttons that I found and realized I had a Confederate Artillery ‘Texas’ button (CSA280A2).

Warren K. Tice Uniform Button of the US 1776-1865

Confederate Artillery, low convex, cast yellow metal one piece.
Texas troops used these rare items which were cast by T.E. Miller of Houston, Texas. One could also classify them as Texas Militia buttons.
The front has a Roman “A” on a field of coarse, nonparallel lines, 20 mm.
Back mark is blank.


This was a first for me. I had the fortune to have found two US plates in the past 10 years of hunting but to find a third and then to find my first true and confirmed Confederate item on the same day was fantastic. Trips like this can spoil a man like soft lips and hard liquor.[/color]Thanks for reading and God bless.

spwalker
Mc Allen, Texas

Photos attached:

My over all finds
My two coins: 1857 US Quarter and a pre 1821 Spanish 2 Reales
US plate
CSA ‘A’ Button
Eli and David
Eli’s coins (two modern and two old).
 

Attachments

  • SPWALKER OVER ALL FIND.webp
    SPWALKER OVER ALL FIND.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 598
  • SPWALKER COINS.webp
    SPWALKER COINS.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 596
  • US plate.webp
    US plate.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 571
  • Texas CSA \'A\'.webp
    Texas CSA \'A\'.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 595
  • David and Eli.webp
    David and Eli.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 586
  • Eli\'s hand .webp
    Eli\'s hand .webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
Were all of these coins and relics found in Texas?

Great finds, guys.

Bone Dry Detecting...Levman
 
That looks like the perfect hunt day!!!
Love that site as long as you can!
 
Hell..thats a good year for me!....Great finds.....Steve
 
Great finds! I was excited to have just received the same book you mentioned. I'm glad its as helpful as you've shown.
 
Fantastic hunt. What a great haul. Congrats on those awesome relics!!!
-MM-
 
super finds and great pics ;) congrats
 
WOW! Great finds! Congratulations to all of you for a super day.
Happy New Year.
Ron in Georgia
 
The Hot Spot of all Hot Spot's....Awesome Job Guy's.Congrat's and have a Happy New Year!!
 
Any one have an idea on the value of the CSA button?

spwalker
 
Sweet finds!

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom