jnicholes
Hero Member
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2017
- Messages
- 530
- Reaction score
- 1,828
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
So, I am into US coin collecting. Right now, I only search for coins by following my mother around while she shops and take a look at her change after checking out. She lets me do that.
So far, with this collecting method, as well as others, I have found:
3 different Lincoln commemoratives (Looking for the 4th,)
A 1958 Wheat penny
A 1979 Susan B Anthony
A 1946 Nickel, (thought it was a silver at first.)
A 2005 buffalo nickel,
A Bicentennial Quarter,
A Bicentennial Eisenhower Dollar,
And a 1925 Silver Peace Dollar
Ill upload pictures if anyone wants to see them.
My current goal is to find the 4th Lincoln commemorative and a 1942-1945 silver Nickel.
Well, thats my collection.
Here is my question now. Are silver quarters and silver dimes dated 1964 and earlier? I heard about them, and I want to try collecting those also.
Jared
So far, with this collecting method, as well as others, I have found:
3 different Lincoln commemoratives (Looking for the 4th,)
A 1958 Wheat penny
A 1979 Susan B Anthony
A 1946 Nickel, (thought it was a silver at first.)
A 2005 buffalo nickel,
A Bicentennial Quarter,
A Bicentennial Eisenhower Dollar,
And a 1925 Silver Peace Dollar
Ill upload pictures if anyone wants to see them.
My current goal is to find the 4th Lincoln commemorative and a 1942-1945 silver Nickel.
Well, thats my collection.
Here is my question now. Are silver quarters and silver dimes dated 1964 and earlier? I heard about them, and I want to try collecting those also.
Jared

I don't think they snag all of them, especially the nickels, they all look alike to a quick search with bank people. You may consider opening a small savings account at various banks/credit union and you can get rolls from different directions. Try the larger establishments and smaller. Or have some friends with accounts get/order the rolls. It's hit and miss at banks where you don't have an account. With an account you can have them order them for you and you may find more that way. You may also want to get into looking for errors, that may prove very lucrative, but you'll need a loupe magnifier/microscope.










