What's new

USA boot? + Info about a WWII soldier

Matteo La Boccia

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
292
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodmorning. Is this a fragment of a USA boot?
Please do you have some information about soldier Thomas A. Stroncheck (or Stronchter)? serial number 13314114.
Many thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 64911005_10214038685909955_4926918828199247872_n.webp
    64911005_10214038685909955_4926918828199247872_n.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 64500723_10214038686469969_8929417933881344000_n.webp
    64500723_10214038686469969_8929417933881344000_n.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 64239719_10214038686189962_8743406808711823360_n.webp
    64239719_10214038686189962_8743406808711823360_n.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 88
Stroncheck, Thomas A./SN 13314114/US Navy 1949-1971/USS Thomas Jefferson/Korean War vet 1952

This is from the research site Fold3 which is connected with Ancestry.com. They had the photocopies of the Navy muster roll but I couldn't
view it without downloading a new browser.

You can go there and login as a guest if have a compatible browser.

USS Thomas Jefferson/President Jackson-class attack transport/serving from 1 May 1942 until 18 July 1955
 
Upvote 0
With that service number beginning with '13', he was an enlisted man who enlisted in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia or Wash. DC.
Matteo; glad to see you are back in the hunt.
Don....
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing Matteo! Good to hear from you again!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks friends for your welcome. I was stopped for over a year but I hope to return in good health to search again Salerno battlefield....
Do you are sure that Thomas was a post WWII soldier? In our area there are many USA soldiers in 1943....
Again thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Stroncheck, Thomas A./SN 13314114/US Navy 1949-1971/USS Thomas Jefferson/Korean War vet 1952

USS Thomas Jefferson/President Jackson-class attack transport/serving from 1 May 1942 until 18 July 1955

Thomas Jefferson returned to Algeria and was assigned to TG 81.2, the Transport Group of the Southern Attack Force, for the assault on Salerno. The transport landed her troops on schedule on the beaches in front of Torre di Paestum...

The assault on Salerno was September, 1943.
 
Upvote 0
Great info. Cool find
 
Upvote 0
September 1943 is during WW2 my friend. Thanks for posting.
This man was in service during WW2, the Korean War, and Vietnam.

Reanm8ter posted this

"Stroncheck, Thomas A./SN 13314114/US Navy 1949-1971/USS Thomas Jefferson/Korean War vet 1952

This is from the research site Fold3 which is connected with Ancestry.com. They had the photocopies of the Navy muster roll but I couldn't
view it without downloading a new browser."

So, not WWII my friend. Thanks for posting.
 
Upvote 0
maybe a pre-bungee gear tie down or keep a rolled poncho secure.
 
Upvote 0
Reanm8ter posted this

"Stroncheck, Thomas A./SN 13314114/US Navy 1949-1971/USS Thomas Jefferson/Korean War vet 1952

This is from the research site Fold3 which is connected with Ancestry.com. They had the photocopies of the Navy muster roll but I couldn't
view it without downloading a new browser."

So, not WWII my friend. Thanks for posting.
Yeah my mistake. Misread the dates.
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of the clasp/buckle from the all weather boot (Over boot). Sort of like these, and yeap the military did issue these style boots.

5buckle-bt-1.webp
 
Upvote 0
What seaman wouldn't want to have a weekend leave in Italy? Great food from the Med right to your plate, great wine from the sunlit hills, aannnndddd beautiful olive skinned ladies, Huba, Huba! Viva Sophia Lauren! Viva! This was from the era when combat vets got decompressed by easy assignments
prior to returning to CONUS.
 
Upvote 0
It was originally christened The President James Garfield.
 
Upvote 0
Good ID there ffuries. I think I remember the chem gear over boot looking that way as well. That wan the first thing I thought of when I saw the OP
 
Upvote 0
Good ID there ffuries. I think I remember the chem gear over boot looking that way as well. That wan the first thing I thought of when I saw the OP

When I came in the CW boots had the fishtail sole and used a lace, then we upgraded to the boots with the elastic loops over the button. Glad I don't have to wear that stuff anymore.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Thomas.webp
    Thomas.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Thomas in 1940 Census.webp
    Thomas in 1940 Census.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
Welcome back also
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom