Useful VDI chart for Nox 800?

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
I got a nox and have not found a decent VDI chart to assist me in learning my new machine. There are a few online, but most are either poor or they have lots of stuff that the average person is not going to find more than once in a lifetime such as platinum ingot and the like. Anyone have one that it more mainstream?

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
faribo,

I hope this helps some...

Steve

EquinoxVDI.jpg

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VDI charts are fairly useless since different soils can give different results. ONLY way to learn any machine is to dig all targets and see what the machine is telling you. Most pros don't even bother with VDI, they listen to the tones which are usually more accurate. Can't be lazy here, there are no real short cuts to learning any machine well. Probably more important is learning proper pinpointing and plug making so you don't make a mess in public places. Practice in your own yard, dig all targets and you will learn just fine. You should not need more than a 3-4" diameter hole to recover coin size targets to 6-8 inches.

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that for someone entering into a Minelab equinox a vdi chart can help them get a idea of what number area to expect while using a new machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread