Using pinpoint to saturate the target

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice !!! I'm gonna give that a try!
Thanks for posting the tip.

OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea it can turn an iffy signal into a clear signal most of the time..Hope it helps,S.T

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70,Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, 2 Garrett pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm finding the same with the F70. I'm using the 10" elliptical, which has more of a concentric pattern. The longer I examine a target it seems the more info comes to surface so to speak. Also with the elliptical pattern it is always advantageous to be exactly centered over the target which pinpointing will do. Most of the time iffy targets will false or add in a few more TID numbers to help expose them as trash or at least let me know there is some masking going on. I always thought it was my imagination that longer saturation helped improve return signals so I'm glad to hear it is not just me.-----Thanks and HH----------IB

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have turned on the pin pointer near a target to weaken the signal (balance out some of the target), so I could then pin point more easily the center of a strong signal. I have not tried to saturate a weak signal. Any idea what technologically occurs? It does not make sense to me but happy if it works.

OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen about 2-3 seconds for the improved signal and it fads quick,so pinpoint for 3-4 seconds and then release and scan,i usually get a clearer signal then or mo better signal..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread