USMC Eagle Globe and Anchor Vintage but not sure what it is

kcancelmo1

Jul 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for help in trying to identify this USMC EGA pin. I have looked all over the internet for something similar and then also found another forum on this website with some helpful information but still have no idea.

Is it a real military pin? It also has a loop for a necklace to go through to wear as a pendant. It is marked sterling on the back. But what is odd is it does have the longitude and latitude lines but the wings are far straighter than I have seen on any other EGA symbol. I found this is an old jewelry box from an estate sale. Just looking to figure out what exactly it is. DSC02176.JPGDSC02180.JPG

Any help would be great. thanks!

thanks would it be in the same 1916-1938 time period when they had both the longitude and latitude lines?

Upvote 0
what is the writing on the back of the pin? Sorry just read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im not 100% sure but I'd like to think your pin is a older then you think.....take a look in HERE sign up and post it, see what the experts think and let us know.

Upvote 0
it is a sweetheart pin that can be worn as a pin or as a pendant. It is not military issue. You may not find another one like it because a lot of them were special made for the wife or girlfriend of the deployed soldier. As age goes it looks to me that it is WW2 possible WW1 but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back