USMC Eagle Globe and Anchor Vintage but not sure what it is

kcancelmo1

Jul 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for help in trying to identify this USMC EGA pin. I have looked all over the internet for something similar and then also found another forum on this website with some helpful information but still have no idea.

Is it a real military pin? It also has a loop for a necklace to go through to wear as a pendant. It is marked sterling on the back. But what is odd is it does have the longitude and latitude lines but the wings are far straighter than I have seen on any other EGA symbol. I found this is an old jewelry box from an estate sale. Just looking to figure out what exactly it is. DSC02176.JPG DSC02180.JPG

Any help would be great. thanks!

OP
OP
K

kcancelmo1

Jul 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks would it be in the same 1916-1938 time period when they had both the longitude and latitude lines?

Upvote 0

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the writing on the back of the pin? Sorry just read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not 100% sure but I'd like to think your pin is a older then you think.....take a look in HERE sign up and post it, see what the experts think and let us know.

Upvote 0

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a sweetheart pin that can be worn as a pin or as a pendant. It is not military issue. You may not find another one like it because a lot of them were special made for the wife or girlfriend of the deployed soldier. As age goes it looks to me that it is WW2 possible WW1 but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread