USPS to start sunday deliveries?

My mail carrier is great! We had almost 2 feet of snow
and she was maybe 10 Minutes late. She is an old ex marine and tough as shoe leather. I guess I'm lucky.
Well...I have a P O box, so my mail carrier drives a semi!
My post office is very small. When I hand them a package slip, they don't even ask me my box number...they know.
I can ask them, Can I have my dads mail? No problem.

also Junk mail has Quadrupled,

Jeff you are a mod and you used a four letter word and it wasn't bleeped.

Where I work J-U-N-K mail is a 4 letter word and frowned up highly. I work for a printing company/mail house. That is our bread and butter and pays my bills. ;)

Here it is called "direct mail"

Jeff you are a mod and you used a four letter word and it wasn't bleeped.

Where I work J-U-N-K mail is a 4 letter word and frowned up highly. I work for a printing company/mail house. That is our bread and butter and pays my bills. ;)

Here it is called "direct mail"

here that "direct mail" goes Directly in the trash & 9 out of 10 times unopened :laughing7:

I open up all of my junk mail! I didn't use to until last year I opened up one just because and there was a dollar bill in there and a survey, only happened a few times since one time it was a five dollar gift card

Are they just going to do as UPS and Fed X…do on the week end…. Just make deliveries to business locations …

My mail carrier is great! We had almost 2 feet of snow
and she was maybe 10 Minutes late. She is an old ex marine and tough as shoe leather. I guess I'm lucky.
I know what you mean my mail man is here to bring our mail no matter how much snow we get…But now a days there is a lot of wimps working for the USPS..

at one time it was great.
Back when people respected their Jobs & went by the inscription
on the General Post Office in New York City "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom
of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

now they are all Newman's

at least around here if it Snows or rains a little too hard, they go home :(

also Junk mail has Quadrupled, & they cut their carriers down from 5 to 2

Jeff, yes you are correct..it was once great. That was when almost ALL of the mail was first class (stamped), then along came the great interweb..and the bread and butter first class mail has dropped like a hot potato ever since. As a USPS rural carrier, I do take great pride in my job, I get much pleasure out of delivering my mail and/or parcels when there is 20 inches of snow on the ground and Mr/Mrs homeowner are very glad to see me, when the schools and roads are closed we (or I, at least) keep pushing through, it is almost like a challenge. I go out of my way to make sure that deliveries are on time, out of the weather, etc..and am on a first name basis with 99% of my customers. Not trying to beat my own drum here, but there ARE a few of us that take pride in a job well done. And yes, you are correct again..there are a lot of Newmans..a couple in my office at that. And junk mail has MORE than quadrupled..which I almost hate delivering more than you hate receiving it. So basically, we have turned into a package delivery service, as packages are almost outweighing the mail nowadays. And yes, I do deliver packages (NO "junk" mail..) on Sundays, kind of a trial run mostly delivering Amazon products. Thanks for your consideration! ddf

here that "direct mail" goes Directly in the trash & 9 out of 10 times unopened :laughing7:

Here as well but since the amount has increased and it comes with a gazillion sales papers, I have learned to take each and every one of the sales papers out of the tangle one at a time. I do this because some of my important mail has somehow been trapped in the middle of sales papers. Very frustrating.

I LOVE the post office.

If fedex or UPS ran the country's mail system, it would cost $2.50 to mail a letter, we'd have to choose monthly mailing plans, they wouldn't use each other's boxes, some people would have concierge mail service while others would go without, some areas of the country would have different services/companies/speeds/rates than others, the senior managers and CEOs would be cooking the books and laying off people to pump up this quarter's earnings and their bonuses, and Wall Street would merge and acquire and otherwise financially engineer the whole thing to their sole benefit. LOL.

I LOVE the post office.

If fedex or UPS ran the country's mail system, it would cost $2.50 to mail a letter, we'd have to choose monthly mailing plans, they wouldn't use each other's boxes, some people would have concierge mail service while others would go without, some areas of the country would have different services/companies/speeds/rates than others, the senior managers and CEOs would be cooking the books and laying off people to pump up this quarter's earnings and their bonuses, and Wall Street would merge and acquire and otherwise financially engineer the whole thing to their sole benefit. LOL.
Really???

sent from a potato...

My mailbox is on the street. It was pouring down rain the other day and my mailman came to the door for a signature delivery. He also knocks on my door whenever I have a package delivery, regardless. I have no real complaints. They screw up every once in a while but nothing or no one is infallible. I think they do a good job for the most part. I think they would be better off (fiscally) as a non govermental entity, but that's just my opinion.

I like to use USPS - they will do free scheduled pickups, give you boxes, and their rates are usually pretty good on the lighter stuff.

Having said that, I've only had one shipment out of hundreds this year that got damaged (allegedly). It was Fedex, thank God. I got on the phone with them, they emailed me a form with a lot of the info already filled in. I filled it out the rest of the way and emailed it back. Took 5 minutes. 8 days later, I got a check for the full amount plus shipping - which I had already refunded to the buyer. It's times like that when you really don't want to be dealing with the Post Office.

Fedex didn't even investigate, they just took me and my buyer at our word. Was probably the fiscally smart thing to do, given my history. I'm sure the PO needs rock solid evidence every time they pay a claim, and it probably involves multiple forms, an investigation and a few months time. I'm just guessing since I don't know from personal experience.

Long story short, when it REALLY counts - no way I'm using USPS.

it's been awhile But USPS used to give me other peoples Mail so often it made me Wonder If
mine was being Mis-delivered as often.

My Sister actually got my Mail once & being Married, her last name isn't even the same as mine.
I'd swear the Mail Man knew she was my sister, Didn't feel like carrying it the extra 5 or so mile
and just gave it to her :icon_scratch:

I've received multiple Copies of W&E Treasure on occasions.
The plastic stuck together & it was apparently not their Job
to pull them apart so the others could get theirs too.

I would take them to the post office, But I don't know if they forward Misdirected Magazines.

I figure that's why I've missed a few issues in the past also.

I like to use USPS - they will do free scheduled pickups, give you boxes, and their rates are usually pretty good on the lighter stuff.

Having said that, I've only had one shipment out of hundreds this year that got damaged (allegedly). It was Fedex, thank God. I got on the phone with them, they emailed me a form with a lot of the info already filled in. I filled it out the rest of the way and emailed it back. Took 5 minutes. 8 days later, I got a check for the full amount plus shipping - which I had already refunded to the buyer. It's times like that when you really don't want to be dealing with the Post Office.

Fedex didn't even investigate, they just took me and my buyer at our word. Was probably the fiscally smart thing to do, given my history. I'm sure the PO needs rock solid evidence every time they pay a claim, and it probably involves multiple forms, an investigation and a few months time. I'm just guessing since I don't know from personal experience.

Long story short, when it REALLY counts - no way I'm using USPS.
That's why I use eBay's "shipcover" insurance. I had a package that was allegedly damaged during shipment. I got my money back in 3 days with shipcover. They don't cover shipping but I gave free shipping anyway. Insurance claims are about the only thing I dislike about the USPS.

That's why I use eBay's "shipcover" insurance. I had a package that was allegedly damaged during shipment. I got my money back in 3 days with shipcover. They don't cover shipping but I gave free shipping anyway. Insurance claims are about the only thing I dislike about the USPS.

That's really good to know. So to get them to cover shipping, just offer free shipping. Smart, thanks for the tip!

USPS is just trying to stay relevant. I think it's a last ditch effort to maintain an existence...

sent from a potato...

If you are eating, or have recently eaten, skip this.

I live in the hot, humid South. A couple of years ago I had a mail carrier who would carry my mail in his arm up against his arm pit. The mail came disgusting. I brought a stack of magazines and mail to the PO and showed them to the manager. He said the carrier was following regulation. I said it was disgusting to have his sweat on my mail. The guy kept saying it was OK. I asked him if he would pick it up and read it. He got mad and said he was following regulation. I told him I was going to pee on the mail and leave it out. He got mad and said it wasn't the same thing. I said bodily fluids are bodily fluids. I don't care where they come from; I don't want them on my mail any more than they do. I got no where with them other than having them hate me.

I know the neighbor on the next street with the same house number as me. Our mail used to get mixed up all the time. AND, my daughter's passport and birth certificate disappeared for 7 months. USPS claims they always deliver mail. Bull! That envelope was SOMEWHERE for all those months; no one can tell me where.

THE USPS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM. I only use them because they are cheaper than Fed-Ex. BUT, when I sell expensive items, I will not use USPS. I use Fed-Ex. I think USPS doesn't care because they don't have to.

If you are eating, or have recently eaten, skip this.

I live in the hot, humid South. A couple of years ago I had a mail carrier who would carry my mail in his arm up against his arm pit. The mail came disgusting. I brought a stack of magazines and mail to the PO and showed them to the manager. He said the carrier was following regulation. I said it was disgusting to have his sweat on my mail. The guy kept saying it was OK. I asked him if he would pick it up and read it. He got mad and said he was following regulation. I told him I was going to pee on the mail and leave it out. He got mad and said it wasn't the same thing. I said bodily fluids are bodily fluids. I don't care where they come from; I don't want them on my mail any more than they do. I got no where with them other than having them hate me.

I know the neighbor on the next street with the same house number as me. Our mail used to get mixed up all the time. AND, my daughter's passport and birth certificate disappeared for 7 months. USPS claims they always deliver mail. Bull! That envelope was SOMEWHERE for all those months; no one can tell me where.

THE USPS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM. I only use them because they are cheaper than Fed-Ex. BUT, when I sell expensive items, I will not use USPS. I use Fed-Ex. I think USPS doesn't care because they don't have to.

My mail lady smells goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

T.

I just got my first Sunday delivery from Amazon. Brand spanking new generic cell phone. Only problem is I ordered a new CPU.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back