V for Victory But What Does This Pin Represent?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked these up today at an estate sale. I have 2 sterling ones with the V and the other is 10k without the V. Sterling ones have a makers mark but the gold one doesn't. I know about the WW2 "V for Victory" sign but I don't think (could be wrong) these are that era. Can't figure out what the background image is. Anybody have any ideas?

DSC05737 (928x942).jpg DSC05739 (1024x770).jpg DSC05741.JPG

Last edited:
Solution
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Scarce badge. The logo is for the ‘Visiting Nurse Service’ of New York, as on this hat badge:

Nurse.jpg

The service was Founded in 1893 by nursing pioneer Lillian D. Wald and Mary M. Brewster. It’s now one of the largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations in the United States, serving the five boroughs of New York City; Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties; and parts of upstate New York.

That’s a WWII era badge and I believe the additional ‘V’ is indeed intended as a patriotic ‘Victory’ emblem.

Nurse2.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Just picked these up today at an estate sale. I have 2 sterling ones with the V and the other is 10k without the V. Sterling ones have a makers mark but the gold one doesn't. I know about the WW2 "V for Victory" sign but I don't think (could be wrong) these are that era. Can't figure out what the background image is. Anybody have any ideas?

View attachment 1323756 View attachment 1323762 View attachment 1323757

Is this your post? V for Victory? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I thought someone figured it out.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Scarce badge. The logo is for the ‘Visiting Nurse Service’ of New York, as on this hat badge:

Nurse.jpg

The service was Founded in 1893 by nursing pioneer Lillian D. Wald and Mary M. Brewster. It’s now one of the largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations in the United States, serving the five boroughs of New York City; Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties; and parts of upstate New York.

That’s a WWII era badge and I believe the additional ‘V’ is indeed intended as a patriotic ‘Victory’ emblem.

Nurse2.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275807376177

Upvote 4
Solution

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez

View attachment 2135755

View attachment 2135756
As soon as I saw the date, I said "Red-Coat solved another one"

Upvote 2
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2135755

View attachment 2135756
Thanks. I meant to update this when I found out. That was my listing on ebay. Good work.

Upvote 2

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VHS07 said:
> As soon as I saw the date, I said "Red-Coat solved another one."

That's pretty close to what I said. :)

As some of you know, I've been darn-near incapacitated during the past several years by a mysterious, extremely painful "Medical malady." But I can still read the W-I-I-? forum. It helps distract me from the pain... and I do love continuing to Learn from the wonderful "ID-helpers" here.

So, I should make a copy of this reply and post it as a stand-alone message, so that ID-helpers will know that I appreciate the work they are doing. They are filling in for me quite well as I am mostly out-of-service.

In particular... thank you RedCoat for these "Tidying up some blasts from the past" solutions of old mysteries... and you VHS07, and others who deserve to be applauded.

With gratitude,
Observer2019

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread