What's new

V nickel

sideshowbob

Full Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2013
Messages
201
Reaction score
205
Golden Thread
0
Finally found something interesting this season worth sharing. It's my second v nick. The first one was caked in black just as this one was. I over cleaned my first one and learned my lesson. A little light tooth-picking really brought up some green patina. I think I'll leave this one as is. Thanks for peeking :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430750071.177181.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430750085.169931.webp
 
Upvote 14
Nice v nick they're always a nice suprise
 
Very nice find!
 
Dang, a 1912D to boot. Nice find! Too bad that coin wasn't covered in melted wax 'er somthin' before it was lost....
 
Very nice nickel find! Congratulations.
 
Yep. Best leave this one alone. I recognize ones that lend themselves to some cleaning. This ain't one of them.

It's a fine specimen for a showcase but if you try to clean it, you won't be able to read anything. IMO

Nice find!
 
Yep, good call stopping there. The green in contrast with the red and black looks pretty good to me.
 
I agree with the others, id stop there, you wont get any more, and in my opinion it looks pretty darn sweet just like it is
 
I'm going to dig out my first v nick as soon as my munchkin goes to bed. I have a perfect example of what too much cleaning can do. If I recall it still looks okay I think but the detail was diminished quite a bit. Okay ready? Hold your breath...brb
 
Them darn Vs never come out looking that well. we just have to accept them for what they are. Now if it were a 1913, it could look bad all day long and it would be ...I'm dreamin over here, nice nickle you got there:thumbsup:
 
Well that was quicker than I thought. Both of these were caked in black. Here's the first one I found a year ago. I had to wet it to even see any detail.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430791391.933064.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430791406.021973.webp
 
Nice find looks like it was still pretty new when lost.

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom