V4 or is it me?

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my mind is going...With 3.2 I had some great working programs, had one of cz's coin, a heavy trash coin, and a nice relic pro, gram....All lost as when I updated, I no longer could find the sheet I had with my programs on, so with v4 I just loaded a couple basic programs. Now the deus is all foreign to me...LOL

I coould go back to 3.2 but still all my programs are gone.......

So I am relearning it seems all over again.

Must say I modified the Hot program and it has potential.

anyway gotta get out of my head lol

Jim

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
As a new Deus user I wonder if I should just stick to version 3.2 before upgrading to 4.0?
So I can learn what went before.
Best of Luck! SJ!

XP-Man

Jul 28, 2014
Lowell, Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my mind is going...With 3.2 I had some great working programs, had one of cz's coin, a heavy trash coin, and a nice relic pro, gram....All lost as when I updated, I no longer could find the sheet I had with my programs on, so with v4 I just loaded a couple basic programs. Now the deus is all foreign to me...LOL

I coould go back to 3.2 but still all my programs are gone.......

So I am relearning it seems all over again.

Must say I modified the Hot program and it has potential.

anyway gotta get out of my head lol

Jim
Sleepy did u send me a message I been super busy

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why bother upgrading if your not going to use the new pinpointer or HF coils. Its not like 4.0 is going to magically find you stuff 3.2 could not. 2.5 reactivity sounds nice though as I use 2 or 3 most if the time

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to be honest I don't like 4.0 as good as 3.2 something different about it and I seem to be digging way more fine sounding iron.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Odd... I'm liking 4.0 more. Perhaps it is more simply a matter of having more experience with the Deus, but my confidence level is much higher with 4.0.

SleepyJim... yes, installing WILL erase any saved custom settings. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am really liking version 4.0 also - like that it is less chatty even with disc set to -6.4. Gold field is improved to be a more capable all metal mode with a threshold setting now. Like having the X-Y display as an option (I set it up as an adjacent program with all the other settings being the same such that I have an 8 khz all tones hot horseshoe program and the same program with X-Y in an adjacent slot, I also do the same thing with 12 khz). Finally, now that I have the pinpointer and love the sensitivity it brings to the table and the convenience of integrated ops, I am not looking back.

Adjacent program setup (ID Norm is OFF and AUDIO Response is at 4)

Program 11 is gold field at 4 khz (max depth, all metal)

Program 12 is 8 khz HOT X-Y (-6.4 disc, Full Tones, 95 sens, Tx 2, Rx 2.5, Silencer -1 or 0, GB Tracking, GB notch all blacked out)

Program 13 is 8 khz HOT Horseshoe <---- my workhorse program

Program 14 is 12 khz HOT Horseshoe <------if 8 Khz is too noisy (EMI) and as a way to get another view on a target to better characterize it (major frequency shift)

Program 15 is 12 khz HOT X-Y

Program 16 is 4 khz Slow Deep (min Disc, full tones, Sens as high as possible/TX = 3, Rx 1 or 0, Silencer -1, GB Manual with negative offset, GB Notch all blacked out)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd... I'm liking 4.0 more. Perhaps it is more simply a matter of having more experience with the Deus, but my confidence level is much higher with 4.0.

SleepyJim... yes, installing WILL erase any saved custom settings. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way.

Oh I knew it, it is why I wrote them on a paper, but the paper is gone, dog ate it? Wife cleaned up? Wife ate it? IDK......

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am really liking version 4.0 also - like that it is less chatty even with disc set to -6.4. Gold field is improved to be a more capable all metal mode with a threshold setting now. Like having the X-Y display as an option (I set it up as an adjacent program with all the other settings being the same such that I have an 8 khz all tones hot horseshoe program and the same program with X-Y in an adjacent slot, I also do the same thing with 12 khz). Finally, now that I have the pinpointer and love the sensitivity it brings to the table and the convenience of integrated ops, I am not looking back.

Adjacent program setup (ID Norm is OFF and AUDIO Response is at 4)

Program 11 is gold field at 4 khz (max depth, all metal)

Program 12 is 8 khz HOT X-Y (-6.4 disc, Full Tones, 95 sens, Tx 2, Rx 2.5, Silencer -1, GB Tracking, GB notch all blacked out)

Program 13 is 8 khz HOT Horseshoe <---- my workhorse program

Program 14 is 12 khz HOT Horseshoe

Program 15 is 12 khz HOT X-Y

Program 16 is 4 khz Deep

I love the new gold field.....Threshold is added also.

I do have the HF coil and thus it is 4.0 for me....

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss my programs as well .I think I'll like it once I get back in my zone.To me it seems like a whole new machine.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone hunting thick iron with 4?

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted a lot of thick iron since the update. I have hunted it in many types of soil from Colorado to Alabama and am liking it a lot. I just modified Deus fast again to my full tones program except I dropped the disc to -2.5 to -3. I didn't notice much difference except the ID is way better at depth now. I got a small 1cm plated button at about 6 in that ID 72 when before would have been in the high 80s to 90 for sure. I still would have dug it cause the sound was right in full tones but it's sure nice to have the ID right also.

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted a lot of thick iron since the update. I have hunted it in many types of soil from Colorado to Alabama and am liking it a lot. I just modified Deus fast again to my full tones program except I dropped the disc to -2.5 to -3. I didn't notice much difference except the ID is way better at depth now. I got a small 1cm plated button at about 6 in that ID 72 when before would have been in the high 80s to 90 for sure. I still would have dug it cause the sound was right in full tones but it's sure nice to have the ID right also.

What was your program?

Have you tried HOT?

Jim

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My current heavy iron trash program is
Disc -2.5
Full tones
Sensitivity 93
Tx2
Freq 17.8
Reac 3
Sil -1
Audio res 5
OL 1
No notch
No ground notch
GB tracking

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welgund you a truck driver or something? From Colorado to Alabama, you travel.......

Jim

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disc -2.5
Full tones
Sensitivity 93
Tx2
Freq 17.8
Reac 3
Sil -1
Audio res 5
OL 1
No notch
No ground notch
GB tracking

That is close to what I got, so I am on right track......

thanks

Jim

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disc -2.5
Full tones
Sensitivity 93
Tx2
Freq 17.8
Reac 3
Sil -1
Audio res 5
OL 1
No notch
No ground notch
GB tracking

Good program. Only question is why you are running frequency so high. Looking for small items, low conductors? Otherwise, you are losing a tad bit of depth, esp. with that high Rx (why not 2.5?)

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the heavy iron like carpet of square nails I'm not really looking for depth per say. RX of 3 and 17khz gives me that extra unmasking of targets while going slow. The audio response of 5 I think is what really makes the non ferrous targets pop loud in between the sea of ferrous targets stopping me to investigate.
I usually don't stray much from that program only to adjust the khz range down. If I'm getting less machine gun iron I then adjust the reactivity and silencer. I went down to Alabama to meet up with Tabman and do some hunting. I think he was pretty impressed with the Deus and what it was capable of and will be getting one shortly also.lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the heavy iron like carpet of square nails I'm not really looking for depth per say. RX of 3 and 17khz gives me that extra unmasking of targets while going slow. The audio response of 5 I think is what really makes the non ferrous targets pop loud in between the sea of ferrous targets stopping me to investigate.
I usually don't stray much from that program only to adjust the khz range down. If I'm getting less machine gun iron I then adjust the reactivity and silencer. I went down to Alabama to meet up with Tabman and do some hunting. I think he was pretty impressed with the Deus and what it was capable of and will be getting one shortly also.lol

Good logic, thanks for explaining. Sounds like you have "nailed" it with that program. Nice!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like 17 kHz near the foundation as well but I do switch as I get into less iron infested areas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions