What's new

VA Beach silver and gold

dirtdigger1581

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
591
Reaction score
270
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for a midnight hunt last night at VA Beach. First thing I dug was the big toy train. Small targets were hitting well on the Excal II last night. First time that's happened...Or maybe I hadn't been over many before. Either way I stayed busy digging. Pulled up a nice 10k gold womens ring...1.75g. Also got this strange two finger silver ring. Never seen one like that before. Got my first 1/3 penny too...Hahaha. You can see that pictured at the left of the full loot picture. Anyone know what the "C followed by a diamond" hallmark on the 10k ring means? Couldn't find that online anywhere. I assume Cubic Zirconia, but not sure. The gemstones in the 10k ring appear purple, so I'm thinking they're amethyst. Found the big, one size ring on the sidewalk walking back to the car. It's junk, but adds to the collection. And the beaded ring I think is junk, but rang up with a nice high tone. It's not marked anywhere, so I don't suppose it's silver. Also found a cool shell to boot. Anyway...I had a pretty good night last night and plan to go again tonight. Hope the good luck continues.

Take care everyone. As always, Happy Hunting!

-Nate
 

Attachments

  • 09-13-11haul.webp
    09-13-11haul.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 720
  • 09-13-11rings.webp
    09-13-11rings.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 721
  • 09-13-11_10kring.webp
    09-13-11_10kring.webp
    20 KB · Views: 713
  • 09-13-11_silverring.webp
    09-13-11_silverring.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 728
  • 09-13-11shell.webp
    09-13-11shell.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0
Super diggin - I like the train!
 
fine spin with yellow...........hard to fade that nice spin.

the shell is a knobby shelled whelk........most call them conchs.
 
Great hunt...cool train!!!
 
Choo-Choo Baby! Way to go Nate!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Stones don't look dark enough to be amethyst to me, and not purple enough either, which is the preferred color for amethyst. Looks more like sapphire? More purplish-blue and clearer.
 
Tuberale said:
Stones don't look dark enough to be amethyst to me, and not purple enough either, which is the preferred color for amethyst. Looks more like sapphire? More purplish-blue and clearer.

That's very possible. I don't know much about gemstones so you might be on to something. I'd have to get it checked out to be certain. Thanks for the suggestion though.
 
Very nice finds, DD :headbang:

The gold ring is a beauty.....and I like that train :hello2:

Lorraine
 
The gold ring is a very nice find, but like the
others, I like the train too. Gl tonight.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
The "C" next to the hallmark means the hallmark is "Copyrighted" Nice bunch of finds.
 
nice assortment of goodies indeed, the full moon done you well..........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom