What's new

VA1a button!!

Isaac

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2013
Messages
773
Reaction score
1,350
Golden Thread
3
Location
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went out and did some permission hopping with some friends yesterday and got onto a beautiful brick 1798 home... unfortunately we had to leave after about 3 hours of digging but luckily, I managed to find my first Virginia button... and an early one at that! These were made between 1815-1825. I haven't cleaned it with anything other than a dab of water. I let it dry and it is not flaking so I will probably be doing a light toothpicking to get the excess dirt off. I'm super happy... my first Virginia relic!!! :headbang:

IMG_3638.webp
IMG_3639.webp
IMG_3667.webp
IMG_3669.webp
 
Upvote 32
Sweet VA button! Congrats[emoji106]

HH RN
 
That's a nice one! I have dug other Virginia buttons, but not a one piece. One on my wish list!
 
You have pretty hands Issac! Mine look like **** so I'm jealous. Cool button, of which I'm also jealous. Sweeeeet find!
 
Great little button Isaac. I think I know somebody who's jealous
 
Awesome button! Plz be VERY cautious when cleaning!

I think it may be a VA1b.

B4415A.webp
 
That's a beauty!
 
Awesome button man! I'd take a VA button any day :headbang:

Awesome button! Plz be VERY cautious when cleaning!

I think it may be a VA1b.

View attachment 1343733

Matt, Interesting... the front sure does look like a 1b, but according to the Albert book the "Philad" backmark was on the 1a. Sure looks like a 1b to me though.

IMG_20160804_123704.webp
 
Here is a better view between the 1a and 1b. The ribbon with "SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS" looks like the 1b because of its proportions and distance from the rim. Perhaps after its toothpicked it will reveal more detail.

IMG_20160804_123704.webp
 
Excellent button, congrats! I hope it cleans up nicely so we can see more detail
 
Beautiful button! VA1B look at the ribbon around the top of the spear. My 2 cents
 
Now wait just a minute. Wasn't I looking at a Louisiana button you found on FB yesterday and now you've got this? Kid you get around! Congrats on such a beautiful button.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom